31 Jul, 2015
We’re slowly getting back to regularly scheduled programming around these parts. I have a lot I want to share about our camping trip but in the meantime I wanted to (a) fill you in on a family photo shoot we had with Fishbowl patron Sara McConnell and (b) spill the deets on a special photography giveaway.
I’ve known Sara for some time and have worked with her in various ways, but I’ve never actually been her client in this way, so this experience afforded me a new perspective. FACT: this lady is a pro: so organized and professional, right down to the details, it boggles my mind. Contracts protect all parties and keep things above board. Online payment is seamless. Instructions are clear. There are time frames. The photos come back promptly, which I appreciate because there’s no sense of WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS. I WANT TO SEE THE PHOTOS ALREADY.
The photos, oh, the photos.
Sidebar: I’ve taken a lot of photos of a lot of people but never quite feel comfortable in front of the camera. Sara makes the whole process very easy and dare I say, even FUN. I’ve also supervised a lot of photoshoots in a work-related capacity, and if the photographer is a good one, what you get back is actually better than reality. This was one of those times.
Our shoot took place at the Ornamental Gardens near the Experimental Farm. (I highly recommend this place, whether there’s photography involved or not.) Here is one of my favourites:
The girls were quite happy to have a chance to be intentionally goofy. :)
You know what makes me VERY happy about our photos – other than the fact that they’re gorgeous – is that I’m actually IN THEM. As the person who takes 99% of our family photos, I am in very very few family photos. And this has to change. (I’ve uploaded a few more from our session on the Fishbowl FB page if you want to have a look.)
Sara is offering some special beach sessions this summer. I’ve seen her beach shots and they’re amazing. They truly capture those magical childhood moments we want to bottle up and save forever. (And we can! In photos!)
The beach sessions are part of Sara’s ‘Imagination’ series, and they were inspired by her recent trip to PEI and a desire to bring a little bit of her vacation home. For Sara, it’s an opportunity to create a beautiful backdrop for parents to connect and play with their kids, and help create those wonderful memories.
Here’s a peek at what I’m talkin’ about here:
You can also see an album of beach sessions on Sara’s Facebook page.
Would you like to win a beach session for your family? Read on:
- This giveaway is for one of Sara’s “Moment” sessions, which will take place on August 20 at 7 p.m. in the east end of Ottawa. Session has no cash value but can be transferred to another family. The session must take place on August 20.
- In order for your entry to qualify, tell me in the comments below: when’s the last time you had a family portrait taken? That’s it!
- One entry per email address please.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- If you can’t post your comment for whatever reason you can email it to me for posting at andrea at quietfish dot com. Please note, I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder.
- I will draw one winner using Random.org at noon EST on August 7, 2015.
If you don’t win, or just want to book a photo shoot before the summer ends, you can do so on Sara’s website.
That’s it! Over to you. Good luck!
p.s. And I really hope the winner shows me their resulting photos. :)