30 Dec, 2009

Please finish this sentence:

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Please finish this sentence

Coffee is …

35 Responses to "Please finish this sentence:"

December 30th, 2009 at 9:37 am

… something I need to drink every morning. And it’s always the same. We buy beans from Bridgehead for our espresso maker. I foam up some milk and add one packet of Splenda. It’s probably the equivalent of two coffees in one and it’s a slice of heaven.

For some strange reason it’s never as good if I make a second one in the afternoon, so I drink tea instead.

2 | Krista

December 30th, 2009 at 10:06 am

…the elixir of life. I always have 2 cups in the morning before everyone else gets up.

3 | Mike Levin

December 30th, 2009 at 10:07 am

ready, thank goodness

4 | Kaitlin

December 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am

best served hot, fresh, and early.

5 | Kristina

December 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am

…the devil. (A la Waterboy, haha!) Seriously, I love the smell but I can’t drink it, and I’m kind of glad for that, actually.

6 | Roz

December 30th, 2009 at 10:46 am

…my blood type

i can’t help it – i worked at second cup for 6 years…

7 | Just An Ottawa Dad

December 30th, 2009 at 10:48 am

a perk. (No pun intended.) Although it isn’t needed (for me at least), it is one of those things that helps make a day special. I can live without it, often go for along time between cups, but it is the comfort food to come back to. 2 cream, 1 splenda please…

8 | Miss Vicky

December 30th, 2009 at 11:11 am

sounding really good to me right now. No Splenda, thanks. I’m sweet enough.

9 | Hellcat13

December 30th, 2009 at 11:17 am

best when it’s fresh, hot, and black. No cream or sugar, thank you very much.

10 | sherry

December 30th, 2009 at 11:21 am

a necessity to my well-being.

(Actually Krista used what I initially thought – the Elixer of Life. So true!)

11 | Elaine McEwen

December 30th, 2009 at 11:49 am

a wet, warm, wonderful addiction.

12 | karen

December 30th, 2009 at 11:56 am

something I’ve never had.

13 | vicki

December 30th, 2009 at 12:02 pm

a recent discovery for me.

Sitting here in Belgium just having made a decaf cappuccino with my Bielatta (sp?). Haven’t figured out how to make not quite so strong! I’m a decaf-only girl though!

14 | Gliding through motherhood

December 30th, 2009 at 12:04 pm

not optional.

I can’t get through the day with as little sleep as I get without it.

15 | ImogenSky

December 30th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

is a necessity in the early AM before the 2 and 3.5 year old wake up…I have just one cup right now (I’m pregnant) but its the best cup every morning :)

17 | Loukia

December 30th, 2009 at 2:24 pm

something I enjoy every morning after I arrive to work – with a bit of cream, and 2 Splenda’s, it makes my morning go by a lot smoother! It is also great to drink when trying to lose all those extra holiday pounds! ;)

18 | LO

December 30th, 2009 at 2:26 pm

da bomb!!!!!!!!!

19 | Christine

December 30th, 2009 at 4:30 pm

not as good as tea!!!

20 | Café

December 30th, 2009 at 4:41 pm

…an addiction of mine. I keep saying I’ll kick it and drink green tea but it hasn’t happened. I really really like coffee. You should ask “where can you get the best cup of coffee in town?”. I like Bridgehead coffee (Peruvian).

21 | Hilary

December 30th, 2009 at 6:43 pm

…something I am very passionate (and very picky) about.

I’m the same – coffee isn’t the same in the afternoon. I have my one Americano with milk (but not too much) in the morning and I’m onto tea after that.

22 | coffeewithjulie

December 30th, 2009 at 7:11 pm

…an integral element in Maslov’s Hierarchy of Human Needs.

23 | Shannon

December 30th, 2009 at 7:23 pm

…crucial. And so very yummy.

24 | Marla

December 30th, 2009 at 7:42 pm

…one of the great privileges of being a grown-up, along with refusing certain vegetables, occasional altered consciousness and the odd smutty thing.

25 | Alison in Ottawa

December 30th, 2009 at 8:17 pm

smells great but tastes nasty. Lady Grey Tea for me please.

27 | betsy mae

December 30th, 2009 at 9:14 pm

is what I wake up to each morning. For close to ten years Bert has made my coffee for me every morning. One CREAM (never milk) and 1/2 tsp sugar.

Btw, I can’t believe how many Splenda users there are in this group! What’s wrong with good old fashioned sugar?

28 | Carly

December 30th, 2009 at 9:21 pm

a drink I’ve never tasted because I can’t stand the smell.

29 | Sean

December 30th, 2009 at 9:30 pm

God’s gift to beverages.

30 | Nadine C.

December 30th, 2009 at 9:44 pm

that thing that enables me to talk in the morning (sad, but true!)

31 | Ginger

December 30th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

…the thing that makes me sick to my stomach if I even have a sip…but I do love the smell!

32 | Trea

December 31st, 2009 at 1:08 am

… I hate myself for this, but – only good in the form of a Decaf Grande Mocha from Starbucks. Gah!

33 | mrsgryphon

December 31st, 2009 at 3:08 am

… not my favourite drink. Twinings Earl Grey tea for me, please!

December 31st, 2009 at 9:36 am

betsy mae: Splenda in my coffee tastes the same as sugar (at least it does to me) and saves a few calories too. I don’t really like it in my tea though …

35 | jennyjag

December 31st, 2009 at 1:26 pm

hubs (non coffee drinker) would say it’s always spilled. to me, coffee is needed to get the day started.

terra20 Ottawa

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• Lynn: WAY behind in my blog reading, but I had to comment as I catch up because I've been there - had lost days. What is it about super busy women like us t
  • www.thongtincanhochungcu.info: Packing your personal stuff, like food, clothes and accessories can be a task for women, I guess. It's can be a favourite for yoga groups with a
  • ichungcusaigon.info: Cancun real estate now offers quick access to all in the modern conveniences retirees from your U. While picking a real estate agent to dedicate yo
  • SJM: My father sent epic care packages when I was at Uni - one per term. It included a 6 pack of beer and lots of food. This was when postage was much chea
  • andrea tomkins: I KNOW. It's crazy that we are now the parents of an adult. I can hardly believe it myself most days! :)
  • Allison: What!!??!! How is your daughter in university?!! That just cannot be!!! So glad to hear she is adjusting well and having fun and enjoying her classes
  • andrea tomkins: Great ideas Joy! Especially the POST-its! They're actually an expensive purchase for a student, so they'd make a nice addition to a care package.