15 May, 2010

Eleven

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy

It’s Emma’s birthday today.

She chose to have her birthday party last night. I have to say, Friday night parties are great for this age. It was a casual pj/dinner/movie party. Six friends came over to eat meatballs, watch Grease, and eat cake.

This year it was a panda cake. :)

Emma's 11th cake

The party was great. Everyone seemed to have a great time – and it was fairly low-maintenance from our perspective. (Yay!)

In lieu of loot bags I bought EcoJot sketchbooks for everyone and wrapped each one up in pretty paper. Each girl went home with it as a parting gift along with a helium balloon.

And today she’s officially 11. I can’t believe how quickly the time has flown by. This was my first baby, and here she is, blowing out 11 candles and not setting any pandas aflame …

11 candles

… and eating breakfast in bed.

breakfast in bed

Happy Birthday Emma. You are my favourite big girl.

As for today, birthday celebrations continue! And tomorrow I will tell you a bit about the 40Back event I attended on Thursday night.

8 Responses to "Eleven"

1 | Scatteredmom

May 15th, 2010 at 11:11 am

Sounds like a lot of fun. :) Happy Birthday Emma!

2 | Ginger

May 15th, 2010 at 11:25 am

Happy Birthday Emma! I hope you have a perfectly lovely day!

3 | Brie

May 15th, 2010 at 11:27 am

Happy birthday to her!

And awesome cake.

4 | Lee

May 15th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Happy Birthday Emma!

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!

5 | mrsgryphon

May 15th, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Happy Birthday, Emma! 11 year olds have the best birthday parties :)

6 | Kristina

May 16th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

SO wonderful. Happy 11, Emma!! :)

7 | BeachMama

May 17th, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Happy Birthday Emma! Looks like you had a wonderful day, starting off with breakfast in bed and finishing with a yummy panda cake. Hope you had a great time with your friends.

8 | Vicky

May 17th, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Breakfast in bed? You are AWESOME Andrea! I’m so going to do that for my kids!

• andrea tomkins: I'm happy to have the one tent! This particular site wasn't big enough to accommodate two tents, even two smaller ones. The view at this site was love
  • Splake: One big tent or two small? Hm? 2 small is better, me thinks. Views?
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Silent Lake 2018: last post! - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] been a busy week! The highlights: I got to fly on a vintage WWII bomber and Mark and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with a little
  • Bloodless: The park definitely is super-fun. I agree about the asphalt pathways - which is why we definitely wear our water shoes. The Vortex is an interesting
  • andrea tomkins: It was REALLY special. The more I think about it, the more grateful I am to have had this experience. re: the volume. Everyone was given headphones
  • Brien Marshall: Thanks for sharing that - what a way to get a visceral sense of how those airmen must have felt, minus the extra fear of not knowing if this would be
  • Ginger: And now I read part two and followed your link back to hiking with fly paper attached to your hat... Maybe camping in Canada isn't so different tha