06 Feb, 2013
Ottawa giveaway alert: the gift of h’art from Alison Fowler
We have a winner! Thank you for your entries everyone!
Regular readers may remember that Fishbowl patron Alison Fowler hosted the same kind of giveaway at this time last year. I was absolutely smitten with her Wall of H’arts and I know a bunch of you were too.
Don’t know what I’m talking about? Well, have a looksee for yourself:
I bought one of her hearts last year and I love it to bits. I remember standing there, in her studio, sweating to death in my parka, trying to narrow it down to at least FIVE OR SIX pieces and finding it next to impossible. But after A LOT of soul searching and a bit of guidance from the artist herself I finally picked one. It has a glossy sheen and has a teeny feather embedded into it. (I.DIE. It’s just so darn cute it kills me.)
Here it is:
It’s sitting on our mantle right now, but it can be easily hung on a wall if we desire. (In my dreams I see a wall of hearts in our home… just like in Alison’s photo above. They look amazing grouped together. Sigh.)
ANYWAY, this giveaway is for ONE (1) original 4″ x 4″ piece of heart art by Alison Fowler. Interested? Read the rules carefully please:
- This giveaway is open to anyone residing in the Ottawa area but is void in Quebec. (Sorry guys, here’s why.)
- In order for your entry to qualify, using the comments below, please tell me about a favourite piece of art that you own, or about your favourite artist. Bonus points if it’s a local Ottawa artist and you share a link to their website. :)
- The draw will be at 9:00 a.m EST on February 13th. Here’s the tricky part: the winner MUST be able to pick up their prize at Alison’s studio on that day. (It’s at 1395-B Wellington Street West, just one block east of Island Park Drive.) She’ll be there until 5:00 p.m. but may be convinced to stay until 5:05. :)
- If you can’t post your comment because you’re behind a firewall at work (or whatever), you can email it to me for posting at andrea at quietfish dot com. Please note, I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder!
- This is not a requirement of entry, but you might be interested to know that Alison is on Facebook and Twitter too.
- One entry per person please. We want lots of people to have the opportunity to win.
- So, yes. I will do a random draw using Random.org at 9:00 EST on February 13, 2012. Please make sure leave me an email address so I can reach you right away. The winner must get back to me within one hour otherwise it’ll go to the runner up.
That’s it! Thank you Alison for this awesome giveaway! And if you don’t win, you can always swing by the studio and pick up a heart or two for that special someone. You can read more about them on her website.