14 Apr, 2005

Decisions, decisions

Posted by andrea in: Misc. life

I WAS going to make you all wait. But I couldn’t do it. :)

The design team came by yesterday to make their presentation.

Thankfully, Mark took my threats seriously and came home from work so he can help make some decisions about the fate of our living room.

They presented us with two different colour schemes, let’s call one “Cranberries and Nuts” and the other one “Harvest Cornucopia.” Please note, I’m working from memory here (which isn’t that great at the best of times) and didn’t note the official colours for most things. You’ll have to use your imagination.

The Harvest

• Grape green fabric for the couch
  • funky green geometric swirls on a light green background for the hostess chair
  • terracotta microsuade for the wingback chairs
  • corn colour linen for the window shades

In this scenario, three walls would be painted “Raffia Ribbon” and the fourth would be painted either squash or light green. Trim and ceiling would be white.

Cranberries and Nuts

• walnut/mocha fabric for the couch
  • cranberry pattern crushed velvet for the hostess chair
  • almond microsuade for the wingback chairs
  • linen for the window shades

They suggested we paint the three walls a yellow-based neutral and paint the fourth wall “Scarlet Maple.” That’s red, to us civilian folk. Trim and ceiling would be white.

When the topic of the one red wall came up I started to snicker. This was probably rude of me, and they probably thought I was mildly psychotic, but I was laughing because I knew, I KNEW, deep in my heart, that painting one red wall would be a sure fire way to give my in-laws a case of permanent heartburn. You see, when they moved into their new house the Red Walls were the first thing to go.

For this scenario we ditched the idea of the red and talked about painting the fourth wall a shade or two darker than the others, which would be, um, beige, for the lack of a better name.

So tell me, which would you pick?

• 8 Responses to "Decisions, decisions"

1 | Cindy

April 15th, 2005 at 8:32 am

Post! Post! I’m dying over here to hear the details!!

2 | Melissa

April 15th, 2005 at 2:57 pm

I agree – post details!

3 | Helene

April 15th, 2005 at 3:42 pm

Although I’m huge fan of green and I have to say that option #2 sounds more appealing ( at least to me). Anything that is described as “mocha, cranberry and almond” just sounds so warm and inviting. And given that I know that you live in a colder climate than I, I’d personally choose something warm and comfy to surround yourself in when you don’t want to be outdoors.

Anyways, that’s just my 2cents. Can’t wait to see the results.

4 | Jane

April 15th, 2005 at 3:56 pm

Hi Andrea;

I would go with the harvest colours. I think they are younger, and more like you than the other colour scheme.

5 | Leah

April 15th, 2005 at 7:01 pm

I’m definitely a cranberry and nuts kind of person. Heck, I painted all four walls of our bedroom Stadium Red. Goooooo red!

6 | melissa

April 15th, 2005 at 7:03 pm

I like the sound of Harvest better too. The greens sound great. What about the carpet?! And the lighting options? re: one red wall. We have “one deep blue/purple wall” in the dining room and one in the living room behind the piano (painted since when you guys were visiting) so I’m always in favour of a one colour wall, but overall, the Harvest sounds more light and funky-ish. Always remember the funky test :)

m

7 | Mammabutterfly

April 16th, 2005 at 10:58 am

Oooh,Cranberries and Nuts…complete with red wall. I love it! It sounds warm and inviting.

8 | Cindy

April 17th, 2005 at 4:40 pm

Both sound like their have their moments, but I would personally go with the cranberry idea. It sounds more sophisticated than the harvest-green scheme, and it’s about time that you had a bona fide show-off space that you walk into and just feel happy to be there. Plus, as a self-admitted warm colours fan, it also sounds more cozy. Excellent place for a cup of coffee and a newspaper read!

• ubobet.win: Ubobet is an internationally trusted gambling dealer previously 2001 until now. By holding attributed entry for online gambling sites that give vario
    • Wendy Perkins: Can g/f flour be substituted equally?
    • milhiskom.dk: Well done and written. I've jut started blogging myself very recently and observed that mwny articles merely rehash old ideas but add very little o
    • Brien Marshall: It's like Twitter but in real life! Certain people are looking for a platform to vent their opinion and you happened to be in their audience. On my
    • Sally Dowe Marchand: Oh my. I don’t know what I would have done. Bent over in agony maybe. Or turned quickly and walked away. Or offered sympathy for the stress she is
    • Lynn: Excellent to hear! Every person who reports getting the shot makes me feel hopeful, like we are one more small step closer to good times again. Our
    • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive I got jabbed! #TeamPfizer - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] the same day our youngest turned 20, I got my first Covid vaccine. For the record, my next one is scheduled four months from […]