27 Sep, 2006

my happy place

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

I have a busy day ahead of me. Sarah isn’t home. Emma is in school. I have a busload of work to catch up on and a couple loads of laundry int he queue.

BUT, i’ll be back later this afternoon, at which point I’ll share something with you….  My happy place. I’ll even take pictures. ;)

But while I’m working I’d like it if you thought about the same. What’s your favourite place? It could be around the house (inside or out) or somewhere far away…. a place you often return to in your mind.

Photographs always encouraged.

Later skaters!

a.

6 Responses to "my happy place"

1 | Marla

September 27th, 2006 at 10:37 am

I love this idea. I will.

2 | DaniGirl

September 27th, 2006 at 12:22 pm

Ooo, that might be worthy of a blog cross-post…

3 | liss76

September 27th, 2006 at 2:20 pm

Without a question:

Ross Creek beach, Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia

4 | BeachMama

September 27th, 2006 at 3:19 pm

My Happy Place is always the Beach.

Right now, I just got back from Pacific Beach and Mission Beach in San Diego (I am still in CA, but at the hotel). I have to say that all my dreams have come true. BeachMama has made it to California and will always have a happy place to go to.

5 | Sharon

September 28th, 2006 at 3:59 pm

My back deck in the summer int he shade of the day and evening. I love it. I will take pictures and show it too you.

6 | The Moffman

September 29th, 2006 at 10:09 pm

My favorite place I’ve been to so far has to be Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta. The scenery is stunning, the hotel is gorgeous and the staff is so friendly. I’ve been there during the winter and the summer. It’s equally stunning in both seasons.
If I ever win the lottery, I’ll fly all my friends and family there and have a second wedding there. I have some great pics. I’ll post some on my blog soon.

• Jinjer: I read your blog but do so via Feedly so that's why you don't see me as a subscriber and I'm usually in a hurry so I don't comment often, but I do rea
  • andrea tomkins: I am just overwhelmed by the idea of doing a blog export. Most posts I want to keep, but some I don't (eg some contests and giveaways of days gone by)
  • Lynn: So lovely! I have been thinking of doing a post like this - what is life like on a daily basis these days? Where is everyone, and how are they doing?
  • andrea tomkins: Good points!
  • andrea tomkins: We don't, actually! You might be surprised to hear this but the birds are pretty good at landing on the thing without hitting the window. Overall we h
  • Birdie: Wondering if you have the necessary bird strike deterrent on your windows? Especially the one with the feeder as pictured? Without the deterrents I im
  • Feathers: Smart to invest in good quality feeders. I have paid top dollar for mine but cheaped out on a low-cost $25 squirrel-proof beauty that does not work.