01 Apr, 2008

April fools (now with pic!)

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Recipes and Food

This morning I woke Sarah up with a whisper: “I made you sushi for breakfast.”

“SUSHI?” she exclaimed. “IT’S MY DREAM COME TRUE!”

I informed her sister. She was not impressed.

“I’m not eating it,” she groused.

Sarah put on her clothes as fast as she could and ran downstairs. She saw what I had made* and was thrilled.

Mock Sushi for April Fool's Day breakfast

Emma drummed down the stairs, totally dejected. Sarah could hardly contain herself. She blew it in one breath.

“See-Emma-we-got-sushi-for-breakfast-APRIL-FOOLS-IT’S-CANDY!!!”

I bet the sugar rush has worn down now. I wonder how that’s going over.

* This mock sushi is made out of Rice Krispy squares (made round) with a piece of gummy fish in the middle and wrapped with a fruit roll-up!

9 Responses to "April fools (now with pic!)"

2 | porter

April 1st, 2008 at 11:23 am

I love this! I can’t wait to make them for my girls!

3 | Fabgirl

April 1st, 2008 at 1:56 pm

That is too cute! My kids would have loved it.
P.S. we have the same chopsticks!

4 | BeachMama

April 1st, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Oh my goodness, I love these!! Great idea :)

5 | Nicol

April 1st, 2008 at 3:51 pm

What a great idea!

6 | megan

April 2nd, 2008 at 7:13 am

How cute would these be at a Japanese themed birthday party? Now I just have to convince Evelyn or Audrey that it is a good idea…

7 | J.

April 2nd, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Aw! I love those! That’s amazing!

8 | Leah

April 8th, 2008 at 11:12 am

How CUTE is that??? You must be a really fun mom; I’d have never thought of doing that!

9 | Gwen

April 1st, 2009 at 9:10 am

What a great idea! Can’t wait to do these types of things with my girls!

• Sally Dowe Marchand: Thanks for sharing your camping adventures. It looks so beautiful and peaceful.
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Camping 2021: Two great trails at Achray Campground - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] couple of my all-time favourite hiking trails are at Achray. In a previous post I briefly mentioned High Falls. You can canoe in to High Fa
  • MaryAnn: Bravo and good for you to get out. It is very weird and fun going to places. I get and like your observation that we should just treat going out like
  • andrea tomkins: That's a great idea! I do that too sometimes, but it takes awhile to come back to room temperature so I have to factor in a few hours for that... :)
  • Elizabeth Peters: I make it a day ahead and refrigerate. This way I can pull it out after work and let it come to room temperature.
  • Elizabeth Peters: This has been my go to recipe since I discovered it back in 2013! Sometimes if I'm feeling fancy, I'll add seasoning to the dough!
  • Wanda: Thank you for sharing your inner dialogue. I must admit that I have become nervous about social interaction. It is an awful realization because I alwa