28 Aug, 2008

Kids and bowling : a match made in heaven

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Ottawa for kids|Easy ways to make kids happy

We went bowling… glow-in-the-dark rock’n bowl at Merivale Bowling Centre to be exact. :)

Bowling

It was a bit of a challenge to find ourselves some shoes that fit, but we all had a great time.

Not only was the music pumpin’, but to our relief we discovered it physically impossible to throw a gutter ball, which can be the frustrating for us non-bowlers. (The lanes had little rails on them. So each ball made it to the end.) Emma enjoyed it so much she’s decided she wants to have a bowling party.

Did you know one of Mark’s first jobs was as a “pin boy?” I should let him tell that story someday.

8 Responses to "Kids and bowling : a match made in heaven"

1 | porter

August 28th, 2008 at 11:19 am

I personally don’t like bowling, but back in Feb (gosh it was that long ago?) we took the girls bowling and they both loved it. We must try the glow in the dark bowling because I’m sure it’s even more fun.

August 28th, 2008 at 8:11 pm

I am not that into the sport of bowling either, but the dance club music made it really fun. Emma danced up a storm in the next lane over. It was hilarious.

3 | Rosie : )

August 29th, 2008 at 8:40 am

We are not huge fans of bowling either, but we went to a glow-in-the-dark kid birthday party, and the kids loved it! We should take the family out to play sometime soon too. :) Glad you had fun!

4 | Lynn

August 29th, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Oooh, I’ve been wanting to take the kids bowling (it’s on my own “big list of fun” that I created at the beginning of the summer). This place looks perfect — five pin and no gutters. Next rainy day, we are there!

5 | overeating and all its glory at a peek inside the fishbowl

September 16th, 2008 at 8:48 am

[…] Mark thought it would be a nice way to cap off our evening. (In fact, I think we were there after Rock n’Bowl.) Anyway, as we waited in line I decided I didn’t like Dairy Queen very much and I […]

6 | New York City Personal Trainers

December 4th, 2008 at 8:52 pm

There is nothing more fun on a Saturday night than a night of moonlite bowling. For the serious bowlers, it’s their night to just let loose and have fun w/o having to worry which way their ball goes. For the casual bowler: A night filled with group activity or that one-on-one craving of attention for each party involved. I think that when all is said and done, the combination of a light activity coupled with black lights and good music playing make for a great evening.

7 | The Ultimate Ottawa bucket list! >> a peek inside the fishbowl

April 25th, 2012 at 7:19 am

[…] Dim the lights: play a round of Rock n’ Bowl at Merivale Lanes […]

8 | izabela

August 4th, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Better bowling than video games :)

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive sleep and worry - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] advice reminded of my coronavirus chronicle (a.k.a. my paper diary) in which I describe our comings and goings and family updates. I […
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive The importance of chocolate - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] Earlier this week we placed an order for grocery pick up at the Superstore. I had figured we might not get the toilet paper we wanted, or th
  • andrea tomkins: I watched a whole video that was sent to me about this... how to deal with groceries when you bring them home. The problem is there is so much conflic
  • andrea tomkins: It is true that things are changing so fast. It's hard to keep up. Strangely, I am a PC client and didn't receive the email everyone is talking about
  • Lynn: It's Thursday now, and this just goes to show you how fast things change - we got an email from PC Optimum yesterday letting us know that a) they will
  • Lynn: I just got back from a Costco run and this kind of thing was in my mind the whole way, and when I got back home. I washed my hands before unloading th
  • Amy: The quandary about grocery bags and where the contagion ends was concerning me the other day. Every item in the grocery order has been touched by mu