06 Mar, 2009

Last night’s screening

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

I am rushing off to a meeting but I just wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU to the Ottawa bloggin’ ladies who answered the call and came out to the special screening of One Week last night. Great time, great film.

7 Responses to "Last night’s screening"

1 | Erica

March 6th, 2009 at 11:44 am

Thank YOU, Andrea, for the passes. That movie definitely sticks with you, doesn’t it?

Movies seldom provide enough social time, and I’d meant to compliment your necklace and Jen’s bag (corduroy? linen? I didn’t get a close enough look, but it was wonderful). You Westboro ladies get all the nice stuff. :)

2 | Hellcat13

March 6th, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Ditto on thanking you! It was a lovely evening; I very much enjoyed the movie, and Erica and I have been discussing it on and off all day. It was also nice to see the face behind the blog and some of the other posters!

I look forward to reading more of your blog :)

3 | Amy @ Muddy Boots

March 6th, 2009 at 2:06 pm

I’m pouting that I didn’t find your blog til last week and missed the movie pass giveaway/chance-to-meet-some-other-blogger-and-get-out-of-the-house-to-see-Pacey’s-I-mean-Joshua-Jackson’s-new-movie.

Maybe next time. ;)

4 | Rémi Thériault

March 6th, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Heard about the movie on Q. Can’t wait to see it.

5 | Jennifer

March 6th, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Awesome movie, loved the soundtrack & the scenery. Also loved the ‘non-Hollywood’ feel of it. Thanks for taking us Andrea. It was great to meet all you bloggy-ladies. Am also happy to have found the Apples & Oranges site because of last – great stuff there Lara!

6 | Lala

March 6th, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I agree, not enough social time! Fun was had nonetheless and I’ll be buying that soundtrack as soon as I can. I’ve been walking around marvelling at Gord Downie, he was hot!

7 | BeachMama

March 7th, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Now, did you all recognize Gordo straight away?? I did and turned to my (much younger) Sister and said, “Hey it’s Gordo” and she looked at me like I was a piece of Salmon. I do love the Hip.

And the movie did stick with me, it was so hard for me not to write about it the next day. Quite powerful and so well done for a Canadian flick. Made me want to get out on my (long ago sold) motorcycle and hit the road.