18 Jan, 2012

Two pages from someone’s life

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Found objects

A few years ago I bought a collection of vintage Valentine’s Day cards on eBay. I found this letter tucked inside one of them yesterday. It’s dated February 14, 1957 and as far as I know it’s totally legit.

Click on the images to enlarge:

Old love letter, page one

Old love letter, page two

7 Responses to "Two pages from someone’s life"

1 | elsewise

January 18th, 2012 at 9:27 am

Oh, this made my daydreams go crazy. I like to imagine that they ended up together (I do hope that he wasn’t as ticked off as she believed him to be!), and that someone will somehow stumble upon this letter, recognize the story, and reunite the letter with its family.

2 | Giulia

January 18th, 2012 at 9:41 am

This makes for a great movie, that last little twist before they hopefully speak and clear things up and end up happily ever after. Lovely to find something like this.

3 | Yael

January 18th, 2012 at 9:55 am

this just made my morning. what a beautiful thing to find!

i hope they were reunited (although in today’s world i can’t imagine losing someone over buying two valentine’s cards ;)) – what an amazing find!

4 | Ingredients for Life

January 18th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

You should contact the person you bought the cards from and find out if s/he knows who the letter was from and if those two got together.

5 | Janet

January 19th, 2012 at 11:09 am

wow! how interesting!!
I would love to know the outcome of that letter…or if it ever reached the guy in the first place.
thanks for sharing it.

6 | Mark

January 19th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Mrs. Hornsby should have just minded her own business. The old biddy!

7 | Sarah

February 14th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

One can only hope that they were reunited and she got to surprise him with the big red bow someday!

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Look who I found! - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] He (or she) was just hanging out on a hosta. He’s the only one I’ve seen from our brood. […]
  • andrea tomkins: Me too! I am REALLY looking forward to it. We didn't get to go last year so I'm really counting on it this summer!
  • Ginger: I hope COVID-19 doesn't take away your camping trip!
  • andrea tomkins: It's going to be tough. The problem is that everyone seems to have a different tolerance. Some people think it's no big deal, while others haven't lef
  • Ginger: I'm that person too. I liked my personal space before this, but now...I would prefer even more than 6 feet please!
  • andrea tomkins: We have a natural gas BBQ but we bought this portable one a few years back fo camping and/or picnics. I loooove the smell of burning charcoal! And yes
  • Corvid: You have a charcoal grill *and* a gas bbq? Or just charcoal? I have both. Charcoal flavour is unique/delish. What restaurant is that?