18 Jan, 2012

Two pages from someone’s life

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Found objects

A few years ago I bought a collection of vintage Valentine’s Day cards on eBay. I found this letter tucked inside one of them yesterday. It’s dated February 14, 1957 and as far as I know it’s totally legit.

Click on the images to enlarge:

Old love letter, page one

Old love letter, page two

7 Responses to "Two pages from someone’s life"

1 | elsewise

January 18th, 2012 at 9:27 am

Oh, this made my daydreams go crazy. I like to imagine that they ended up together (I do hope that he wasn’t as ticked off as she believed him to be!), and that someone will somehow stumble upon this letter, recognize the story, and reunite the letter with its family.

2 | Giulia

January 18th, 2012 at 9:41 am

This makes for a great movie, that last little twist before they hopefully speak and clear things up and end up happily ever after. Lovely to find something like this.

3 | Yael

January 18th, 2012 at 9:55 am

this just made my morning. what a beautiful thing to find!

i hope they were reunited (although in today’s world i can’t imagine losing someone over buying two valentine’s cards ;)) – what an amazing find!

4 | Ingredients for Life

January 18th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

You should contact the person you bought the cards from and find out if s/he knows who the letter was from and if those two got together.

5 | Janet

January 19th, 2012 at 11:09 am

wow! how interesting!!
I would love to know the outcome of that letter…or if it ever reached the guy in the first place.
thanks for sharing it.

6 | Mark

January 19th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Mrs. Hornsby should have just minded her own business. The old biddy!

7 | Sarah

February 14th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

One can only hope that they were reunited and she got to surprise him with the big red bow someday!

• Ang Antos: I would respectfully disagree that the parks should open up individual reviews for each site, part of camping is the adventure, the not knowing and di
  • Maureen Kilpatrick: I love reading books and last year I read the most I’ve ever read since I started tracking on Goodreads. It was mostly due to the pandemic and the l
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive weathering - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] am happy to say that I am still making my bed every day and reading lots of books. I don’t want to oversell it, but the making the bed
  • jdope: It is ridiculously addictive, if you can get your hands on some it won't last long. FYI The ingredients on the Ikea Mustard Dill Jar: Canola Oil, M
  • Lisa from Iroquois: Totally get why you saved that calendar. You know, the way it is designed, you could easily create an slip of paper with 2021 calendar and glue it i
  • Stephanie Henderson: Thank you very much, you're an outstanding author! Maintain providing us with excellent stuff later on.
  • valiasi: So hard to say. Yet, knowing your tendency for either opening or finishing can help you understand what habits you need to work against and what parts