10 Feb, 2012

It’s “Do One Thing You Found on Pinterest” week…!

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|File under crafty|Publishing/writing/career stuff

… so we decided to make these:

Owly bowling pins

Aren’t they funny? They’re made out of toilet paper tubes! You can get the full scoop over at Canadian Family Magazine.

Of note:

It didn’t take us long to collect the tubes we needed for this project. I realized that we go through a A LOT of toilet paper in this house. I’m not sure the culprit is but I might have to start rationing squares like an old Russian bathroom baba. Toilet paper is EXPENSIVE dudes! Sidebar: do you know that the softest brands of TP contain no recycled fibre and comes straight from the forest? Check out this article over at the Guardian. (There are some great lines in there. i.e. ” The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more environmental devastation than the country’s love of gas-guzzling cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners.” Heh.)

Do consider Insert your own brand of toilet paper humour in the comments below. I need a smile today. Bad. Will someone please wipe the frown off my face? ;)

Tags: ,

7 Responses to "It’s “Do One Thing You Found on Pinterest” week…!"

1 | Valerie

February 10th, 2012 at 8:29 pm

sorry, no jokes. I would think those cute owls would make you smile, though. :)

We are in the middle of trying something from Pinterest – heart shaped crayons. Just hoping my IKEA ice cube trays are actually silicon and don’t melt in the oven… At least I chose the OLD cookie sheet to put it on. :)

2 | Sheila D.

February 10th, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I might not do a craft but you got me hooked on Pinterest. A delightful time waster. :)

3 | Binki

February 11th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Cascade brand tp is good for Mommy Earth. Two eco-thumbs up. Sold at Costco.

4 | Carla

February 11th, 2012 at 10:32 pm

“May your life be like a roll of toilet paper: long and useful”

When I was a kid, I used to think that was superfunny and cool, I still get a chuckle, but now wonder why I found it so hilarious.

5 | Rebecca

February 12th, 2012 at 7:48 am

The owls look adorable.

Sorry, no help on the toilet paper front but maybe this will help: http://pinterest.com/pin/151081762468929943/

6 | Marla

February 13th, 2012 at 8:32 am

We’ve been accumulating a lot of empty cardboard tubes too, and I realized that it’s because the husband has been buying a (recycled) brand that only has 140 sheets per roll! It makes me nutty! It’s probably not that you’re using too much – it’s just that if you’re doing the same and you do the math, three ladies plus one gent at least twice, maybe three times a day, at anywhere from 5-12 squares per use…

7 | fern

February 13th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

My father-in-law jokes about his days as a school child in rural Wales. In elementary school, students were required to ask their teacher to be excused to use the toilet. I think it was an all-boys school as he says that they were required to say whether they needed to be excused “with paper” or “without paper”. How’s that for rationing!?!

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive sleep and worry - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] advice reminded of my coronavirus chronicle (a.k.a. my paper diary) in which I describe our comings and goings and family updates. I […
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive The importance of chocolate - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] Earlier this week we placed an order for grocery pick up at the Superstore. I had figured we might not get the toilet paper we wanted, or th
  • andrea tomkins: I watched a whole video that was sent to me about this... how to deal with groceries when you bring them home. The problem is there is so much conflic
  • andrea tomkins: It is true that things are changing so fast. It's hard to keep up. Strangely, I am a PC client and didn't receive the email everyone is talking about
  • Lynn: It's Thursday now, and this just goes to show you how fast things change - we got an email from PC Optimum yesterday letting us know that a) they will
  • Lynn: I just got back from a Costco run and this kind of thing was in my mind the whole way, and when I got back home. I washed my hands before unloading th
  • Amy: The quandary about grocery bags and where the contagion ends was concerning me the other day. Every item in the grocery order has been touched by mu