17 Apr, 2012

A whole new pooch

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Westboro|dog stuff

Piper is a Wire Fox Terrier. She doesn’t shed, which is great, but the trade-off is that we need to bring her to the groomers for a clipping a few times a year.

Back in November we decided to let Piper grow a winter coat. Not only would it keep her nice and cozy during the cold months, but it would be cheaper too. Fast forward to yesterday; her winter coat had grown into an uncontrollable fuzzy mass, a thick nose-to-tail shag carpet that was making her look like a doggie version of Chewbacca. Or Bigfoot. I’m not sure which, but the situation was getting a little out of control.

Just look at this mop top.

Piper, preclip

And here she is after her visit to the groomers! She was noticeably happier to get rid of the deadweight. She practically flew home, smiling all the way. (I love how dogs smile.)

Piper, postclip

In case you’re wondering, we bring her to Masters n’ Dogs (formerly known as Bark & Fitz) in Westboro. Ask for Lena! She does a great job. It’s like having a whole new Piper!

Tags: ,

10 Responses to "A whole new pooch"

1 | Kaitlin

April 17th, 2012 at 8:38 am

My favourite dog at the dog park (who isn’t my own) is a Wheaten Terrier, who looks like a Muppet when he grows his coat out. I don’t think I’d ever want to clip my dog if he looked like a muppet ;)

2 | Chantal

April 17th, 2012 at 8:48 am

awe she is a cutie! In both photos. It almost makes me want one… almost. ;)

3 | Neeroc

April 17th, 2012 at 8:49 am

She is soooo adorable! And what a difference, you can see she knows how good she looks *g*

April 17th, 2012 at 9:47 am

Ha! Totally! Piper knows she looks great. :)

5 | Martina

April 17th, 2012 at 10:03 am

Too cute … she looks so proud!! Funny what a difference a hair-cut makes.

6 | wendy

April 17th, 2012 at 11:13 am

She really is smiling!

You can see the markings, does she have some black and beige in her hair?

Soooooo cute! I know how she feels, just ot my hair cut after 5 months!
:-)

7 | lacoop

April 17th, 2012 at 5:26 pm

OK, she does look good after the cut…but Chewbacca was awesome. Just sayin’

8 | Pam Dillon

April 17th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I laughed out loud when I saw the new and improved Piper.
In the after version she looks like the canine version of Vanna White! : D

9 | Nadine

April 17th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

She is a stunner in both photos ! But I do love her smile and the glint in her eye in the “after” shot…

April 18th, 2012 at 8:04 am

Ha! I think both dogs – Chewbacca and Vanna White – are adorable in their own way. It’s been weird getting used to the new look though!

• ubobet.win: Ubobet is an internationally trusted gambling dealer previously 2001 until now. By holding attributed entry for online gambling sites that give vario
  • Wendy Perkins: Can g/f flour be substituted equally?
  • milhiskom.dk: Well done and written. I've jut started blogging myself very recently and observed that mwny articles merely rehash old ideas but add very little o
  • Brien Marshall: It's like Twitter but in real life! Certain people are looking for a platform to vent their opinion and you happened to be in their audience. On my
  • Sally Dowe Marchand: Oh my. I don’t know what I would have done. Bent over in agony maybe. Or turned quickly and walked away. Or offered sympathy for the stress she is
  • Lynn: Excellent to hear! Every person who reports getting the shot makes me feel hopeful, like we are one more small step closer to good times again. Our
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive I got jabbed! #TeamPfizer - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] the same day our youngest turned 20, I got my first Covid vaccine. For the record, my next one is scheduled four months from […]