07 Aug, 2009

Eleven

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

wedding day

Eleven years ago today, my best friend/maid-of-honour and I woke up to grey clouds and drizzle. At first I was disappointed, after all, it was my wedding day. I wanted blue sky and sunshine,  but as it turned out the weather wasn’t able to put a damper on anything.

Mark and I were married eleven years ago today.

I don’t write about Mark very much here at the Fishbowl (after all, I’m never sure how much he LIKES being written about) but he is loving and sweet, funny and smart, responsible in ways that I’m not (he does all the banking! And cleans the drains!) and, lucky for me, he supports me in everything I do. Having him in my life has made it infinitely better. I’m glad we said our “I Do’s” eleven years ago.

As for today, the girls are prepping for a sleepover at their grandparent’s place, I’m getting my hair done, and later on Mark and I will be celebrating our anniversary at the Brookstreet Hotel(compliments of the Brookstreet Hotel!) where I hope to spend most of our time lounging in quiet comfort, eating good food, and maybe dipping my toes in the pool. :)

13 Responses to "Eleven"

1 | Sharon

August 7th, 2009 at 8:22 am

Congratulations. We celebrated 27 yrs last Friday and had a nice sweet.

Enjoy your time being a couple. We all need more couple time.

2 | Sharon

August 7th, 2009 at 8:26 am

suite…I meant..and it was sweet! but it was only at the Holiday Inn Select in Kanata. LOL! Not quite the Brookestreet!

3 | Judy

August 7th, 2009 at 8:40 am

CONGRATS! Enjoy a lovely day.

4 | Marla

August 7th, 2009 at 9:34 am

Happy Anniversary! And, you should have some new shoes to wear to your anniversary. Perhaps some Fluevogs.

5 | The Veg Next Door

August 7th, 2009 at 12:11 pm

What a nice way to celebrate. Happy Anniversary!

6 | J.

August 7th, 2009 at 1:32 pm

amazing! have fun tonight :)

7 | Ginger

August 7th, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Happy Anniversary! Have a lovely and romantic time!

8 | Lee

August 7th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Happy anniversary!

I hope that you have a wonderful time.

9 | Scattered Mom

August 7th, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Oh you lucky girl! Have a great time. Hubs has to work today, but I snagged a sinful chocolate ganache cake from my favorite bakery, and then we’re going to relax.

This weekend we have lots of fun family things coming up so we’re looking forward to that.

Happy Anniversary!

10 | mrsgryphon

August 7th, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy a little romance tonight!

(we celebrate 11 years tomorrow, but Scott is on call all weekend … might be a “movie on the couch” kind of anniversary for us!!)

11 | Brie

August 7th, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Congratulations! As bad as I am at it these things are important to celebrate.

12 | julie

August 9th, 2009 at 8:15 am

Congrats! and LOVE your photo. Really beautiful.

13 | Gliding through motherhood

August 9th, 2009 at 6:06 pm

Oooh fun – that’s where we stayed on our wedding night and again for our second anniversary. Hope you enjoyed :)

• Petropablo: I hear ya. I recently read an article explaining why rock sculptures are wrong wrong wrong. I don't remember a single argument other you're messin
  • Sally Dowe Marchand: Happy to support your run for this great cause
  • andrea tomkins: I hope you get better soon, Sally! Thanks for being a cheerleader. And yes, all funds go to The Royal!
  • Lynn: Looks like an amazing day! A great day to spend with family and so many delicious things!
  • Sally Dowe Marchand: Wish I could do this along side you as I finally reached 5 k running but alas I am grounded after eye surgery - no Strenuous exercise until I get the
  • JInjer: Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful and TASTY birthday! Is the cup with the cat on it yours and if so where did you get it? Sorry, couldn't
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Destination: Carlington Hill - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] I haven’t been here for years. (The last time may have been when we set off Mark’s rocket.)  […]