16 Jan, 2011

Playing with our food

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|File under crafty|Recipes and Food

Sarah really wants me to show you all something she made with her clementine the other day:

The King of Orange

In case you can’t see it, it’s a king, sitting on a throne, reading a book. :)

Coming up: a post about Sugar Fast II and some other things. Hope you’re all having a great weekend!

Tags: ,

6 Responses to "Playing with our food"

1 | Sasha

January 16th, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Playing with her food? Nah. She’s just expressing her artistic precocity through gastronomic media. ;)

2 | Sasha

January 16th, 2011 at 2:47 pm

PS It’s cute, BTW :)

3 | Karen

January 16th, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Nice! Lovely to see when kids use their imagination :)

4 | Pam

January 16th, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Fantastic! I think I’ll start playing with my food more. Who knew what regal things lie within an orange peel?

5 | Down Comforter

January 17th, 2011 at 11:54 am

haha I love it! who ever said playing with your food was a bad thing, must have been the most dull person ever!

6 | another andrea

January 28th, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I am charmed by this!

• Raven: To those questioning the term "duck" here's some interesting etymology of "duck" as a verb which makes underduck make more sense to me. https://www
  • Raven: I'm from the west coast of Canada and my friends and I always called it an underduck because you DUCK UNDER the swing at the end. * Duck... As in w
  • molly: this was ... tremendous ... maybe that word is too uplifting for some but I stand by it. thanks so much for sharing it!
  • Ang Antos: I would respectfully disagree that the parks should open up individual reviews for each site, part of camping is the adventure, the not knowing and di
  • Maureen Kilpatrick: I love reading books and last year I read the most I’ve ever read since I started tracking on Goodreads. It was mostly due to the pandemic and the l
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive weathering - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] am happy to say that I am still making my bed every day and reading lots of books. I don’t want to oversell it, but the making the bed
  • jdope: It is ridiculously addictive, if you can get your hands on some it won't last long. FYI The ingredients on the Ikea Mustard Dill Jar: Canola Oil, M