19 Jan, 2007

Coming up on Monday: an official, virtual, show and tell

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Mondays are for Show and Tell|Easy ways to make kids happy

I’ve been thinking. Blogging is the adult version of that kindergarten favourite, Show And Tell. Well, on Monday I am planning a kiddie show and tell, here, on this blog.

You are invited to attend. You ALL are. Bring popcorn, but more importantly, this is your chance for your own kidlet to do a little show and tell of their own.

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is this:

– help your child find something they want to share – toys are okay, but I would love to see something different. Something interesting, something they made, they cherish, an heirloom, a treasure, a secret.
– photograph it
– post it on your blog along with their own commentary: What is it they chose to share and why?
– come back and let us know if you participated by posting a link to your show and tell in the comments.
– I encourage everyone reading along to leave a comment for the blogger’s child. Ask a question. Or two! Get them thinking and talking.

Who’s in? Let’s get a list going. And please help me spread the word. The more the merrier.

p.s. you won’t believe what I’ve got lined up for Sarah. So at the very least you’ll want to check back here on Monday. :)

11 Responses to "Coming up on Monday: an official, virtual, show and tell"

1 | Ann D

January 19th, 2007 at 11:39 am

This will show up on my KID ART lens @ Squidoo:
in the next hour or two!

2 | DaniGirl

January 19th, 2007 at 4:19 pm

I like this idea, but can’t guarantee I’ll be organized enough to play along by Monday. I’ll try!

3 | Sily_Kim

January 19th, 2007 at 6:11 pm

I’ll try and get organized for Monday with my two kiddies!

4 | jibiibear

January 19th, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Hi Andrea…Boo and Lolly are already off looking for what they will share with the greater web.

5 | Kim

January 20th, 2007 at 8:01 pm

I’ m in! Sounds like fun! I am sending Brooke off now to search for what she wants to share!

6 | Scattered Mom

January 21st, 2007 at 2:19 pm

Oh, Kevin would love that :)

I’m in too!

7 | a peek inside the fish bowl

January 22nd, 2007 at 1:19 am

[…] If you’ve got some sharing to do, please post a link in the comments. (What the heck is this all about? Read the post below.) […]

8 | Marla

January 22nd, 2007 at 10:43 am

I’m still a kid at heart, and I did kind of show and tell…but it’s not really cute or even nice or anything. So…umm….never mind.

9 | Heather

January 22nd, 2007 at 4:14 pm

What a wonderful idea! Can I feature it on Blogging Baby? Maybe you would be willing to do it for an additional day or perhaps have one next Monday? I think a number of our readers would be really interested in participating. I would also like to participate, but I am pretty late in the game for today.

Let me know and I will do a post on BB about it!

Thanks,

Heather

10 | a peek inside the fish bowl

February 19th, 2007 at 12:44 pm

[…] Filed under Easy ways to make kids happy, Mondays are for Show and Tell by andrea at 12:44. » Share This back totop […]

11 | a peek inside the fish bowl

March 9th, 2007 at 8:50 am

[…] on Monday. I hope you will join me! » Filed under Misc. life by andrea at 8:49. » Share This back totop […]

• molly: this was ... tremendous ... maybe that word is too uplifting for some but I stand by it. thanks so much for sharing it!
  • Ang Antos: I would respectfully disagree that the parks should open up individual reviews for each site, part of camping is the adventure, the not knowing and di
  • Maureen Kilpatrick: I love reading books and last year I read the most I’ve ever read since I started tracking on Goodreads. It was mostly due to the pandemic and the l
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive weathering - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] am happy to say that I am still making my bed every day and reading lots of books. I don’t want to oversell it, but the making the bed
  • jdope: It is ridiculously addictive, if you can get your hands on some it won't last long. FYI The ingredients on the Ikea Mustard Dill Jar: Canola Oil, M
  • Lisa from Iroquois: Totally get why you saved that calendar. You know, the way it is designed, you could easily create an slip of paper with 2021 calendar and glue it i
  • Stephanie Henderson: Thank you very much, you're an outstanding author! Maintain providing us with excellent stuff later on.