23 Feb, 2007

Trying to clean my “work” area

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Oh! Things!|Photography

My work areaI am using the term “work” rather loosely here because I use this space for all kinds of stuff, and not just “work.”

I keep a lot of my stuff here. It’s My.Stuff. A lot of which brings me joy/inspiration/all of the above.

Yesterday I hit a breaking point (big things get done when I hit that breaking point) and I swept a huuuge stack of paper-based ephemera into one honkin’ big envelope: ticket stubs, postcards, postage stamps, scraps of art papers… things I was saving for projects that never happened. And it’s all going to Pennsylvania. Seriously. I posted a message to an art-related discussion board and someone claimed it in exchange for a package of fine black markers. I knew it would go fast. And it did.

Do you like peeking at people’s workspaces? I do. I’ve been staring at these shelves for some time. Everything that’s stored or diplayed here is special to me in some way. Oh sure, it might look cluttered to you, but it’s actually highly organized! Really.

Click through for the rest of them on Flickr. Each pic has individual notes too. Okay. Back to work.

6 Responses to "Trying to clean my “work” area"

1 | Loukia

February 23rd, 2007 at 10:46 am

Just wanted to say hi from one Ottawa mom to another!

2 | Porter

February 23rd, 2007 at 12:52 pm

It looks much warmer than my space. Thanks for sharing.

3 | janet

February 25th, 2007 at 10:25 am

I just dont know how people can keep their workspace so organized. I think it must be something genetic.

4 | Nyami

February 25th, 2007 at 8:11 pm

I don’t think it looks cluttered at all! Seems very organized to me. And I must admit that I love looking at people’s work space.

Oh, that pink critter with a mexican hat is “Rufus” from the TV series Kim Possible. He’s a naked mole rat (I noticed that clicking on him would make the comment “I don’t know who he is[…]” pop up).

5 | twinmomplusone

February 26th, 2007 at 1:19 pm

thanks for a peak at your workplace, it certainly is filled with things that are YOU, really cool.

love that you collect stamps, been doing it for years :)

6 | Ryan

March 2nd, 2007 at 9:36 pm

I don’t believe in disorganization. Well, I do, but I believe there is also a condition simply termed ‘differently organized’. My girlfriend and I often debate about how differently organized we are.

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive sleep and worry - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] advice reminded of my coronavirus chronicle (a.k.a. my paper diary) in which I describe our comings and goings and family updates. I […
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive The importance of chocolate - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] Earlier this week we placed an order for grocery pick up at the Superstore. I had figured we might not get the toilet paper we wanted, or th
  • andrea tomkins: I watched a whole video that was sent to me about this... how to deal with groceries when you bring them home. The problem is there is so much conflic
  • andrea tomkins: It is true that things are changing so fast. It's hard to keep up. Strangely, I am a PC client and didn't receive the email everyone is talking about
  • Lynn: It's Thursday now, and this just goes to show you how fast things change - we got an email from PC Optimum yesterday letting us know that a) they will
  • Lynn: I just got back from a Costco run and this kind of thing was in my mind the whole way, and when I got back home. I washed my hands before unloading th
  • Amy: The quandary about grocery bags and where the contagion ends was concerning me the other day. Every item in the grocery order has been touched by mu