08 Mar, 2007

Just one of the old things I like to keep for no reason.

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Oh! Things!

A few years ago I was at one of those postcard, coin and stamp shows. I could browse those shows forever. And I bought this:

old postcard - front view

I’m afraid my French isn’t good enough to provide a translation of what’s written on the back. Can anyone out there help me out? Please let me know. Thanks! [click images for larger version on flickr]

p.s I can email you an enlarged version of this image if you need to see it up close. You can just make out the blacked-out stuff…

old postcard - flipside

6 Responses to "Just one of the old things I like to keep for no reason."

1 | Hillary

March 8th, 2007 at 9:45 am

Sure! Email me! I’d love to translate it! :) But yes, a bigger version might help

2 | Chantal

March 8th, 2007 at 10:28 am

Ditto. I’ve got most of it translated, but need to see it bigger for some of the words that are jumbled.

March 8th, 2007 at 11:02 am

A larger version has been emailed to those who stepped forward. (Thank you!) I’ve asked them to post their translations in the comments. Sttay tuned!

4 | Jen_nifer

March 8th, 2007 at 12:41 pm

For future translations, I’ve always found that
http://babelfish.av.com does a pretty good job.

5 | twinmomplusone

March 8th, 2007 at 5:56 pm

Dear friend (female),

I received your letter with joy. I thank-you very much for your kind invitation. I always thought being able to go but I’m realizing it’s useless to think it. Juliette is at home for ~15 days, she is sick in bed and I can’t leave mother alone with her. I think that I’m destined to not go to Beaupré, what do you want one must bend to all these little things.

(top left hand corner)
Friendly thoughts and kisses to you all (females).
My respects to Mme Maheux (?)

Your sincere Ernestine

March 8th, 2007 at 11:00 pm

Oh wow! Thank you… !
I wonder if Ernestine ever got to Beaupré.