16 Sep, 2008

Bread is heaven

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Photography|Recipes and Food

Fresh.Bread.Is.Heaven.

(I’ve been busy today!)

ETA: This is the best recipe for multigrain bread I have found so far. It makes a lovely brown loaf (as you can see!)

There’s no need for a bread machine, this recipe is dead easy, and I don’t even consider myself a baker. I got the recipe from Canadian Living. They haven’t posted it yet, but I will link to it once they do…

I just wish there was such a thing as low-carb bread (oh, and calorie-free butter!) :)

Tags: ,

8 Responses to "Bread is heaven"

1 | Jennifer

September 16th, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Was your big purchase a bread maker?

2 | Mary Lynn

September 16th, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Yum! I have some homemade strawberry jam that would be perfect with it!

Suddenly I’m feeling a tad hungry…

September 16th, 2008 at 3:15 pm

No, this is handmade from scratch. (!)

My purchase *just* arrived. Eek! I’ll upload pics tonight. ;)

4 | Jenn

September 16th, 2008 at 5:27 pm

I can see the picture but I want with all my heart to smell that bread. It looks fantastic- The kind you break with your bare hands and spread just a hint of soft sweet butter on. Well done!

September 17th, 2008 at 10:55 am

BTW the recipe is from this month’s Canadian Living magazine, and it tasted just as good as it looks!

6 | J.

September 19th, 2008 at 5:31 am

that looks so good. :)

7 | Tiana

October 8th, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Hi! Just wondering whats the name of that bread recipe. It looks great! Got to try it

8 | Jennifer

September 19th, 2009 at 8:54 am

Hi Andrea, did you ever post the recipe for this?

PS pizza dough was perfect!

• andrea tomkins: Heeeey! I'm glad it was a good experience for you! Thanks for letting me know. :)
  • Kylie: Thanks for telling us about the SavvyCompany fondue party! We signed up with relatives across Ontario as a fun (virtual) way to celebrate my mother-in
  • Charlotte: Thank you for this awesome post. it’s a very informative blog thanks for sharing with us.
  • andrea tomkins: I don't own any Miik items, just seen those pretty dresses from afar! :) I didn't know they made leggings and am intrigued...
  • molly: Have you purchased Miik before? I have a couple of dresses and I wear them all summer - like, twice a week - and they wash beautifully. And so so comf
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive updatish - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] had a bit of an online shopping spree today. Remember my duvet upgrade earlier in the pandemic (and the unfortunate incident with the old on
  • Susan: I discovered that Chef's Plate delivers to Sudbury, so every once in a while (4-6 weeks, depending?) I send a box to my son. He LOVES it! He learns to