03 Sep, 2008

Six things meme

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Memes/blog awards etc

I recommend you skip this post. It’s not that interesting. Feel free just to close this window and continue on to the next blog in your reader.

G’wan. Git.

For the rest of you who decided to stick around – don’t say I didn’t warn you. Bob from Flacklife tagged me with the “six-things” meme ages ago, and these are the results. (This was So.Hard. Thanks A LOT BOB.)

First, the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

–

1. I almost fell out of a moving vehicle. I was in highschool, dating an aggressive driver who liked to take sharp turns and ride up behind cars while doing 100 km/hr on the driveway. We were driving through the parking lot of a local mall when I decided to open the car door and throw out an apple core at the exact same time he made a hard left. The door flew open. I lurched out, face down toward the pavement. Thank god for seatbelts, because it was the only thing holding me to the car.

2. I get the heebie jeebies when people pull their hair (arm hair, eyebrow hair, leg hair, forehead hair) and I can see the skin pulling up along with it. (Ugh, it hurt me to type that.) I also don’t like loud chewing sounds.  *shiver*

3. I am a certifiable math dunce. In fact, I’m so lousy at it I have trouble calculating change. My math teacher actually SUGGESTED TO MY PARENTS that I drop out of math. My father didn’t agree, and this resulted in much shouting and many tears, and me feeling like a total idiot. I dropped grade 12 with a stunning average of 35% because I gave up even trying. My brain just doesn’t work that way. I can’t help it. So if you love me you will never ask me to calculate anything, ever.

4. I speak Czech. My mother likes to think that it’s because she made me sit down on a daily basis with a 60-minute timer to learn to count the days of the week and months of the year etc etc. But in reality I can speak the language because it was the only language we spoke at home and I dated a Czech guy for about 4 years.

5. I was (and remain) the girl who always said “no thank you” when joints were being passed around.

6. I am a really good floater, in fact, I consider my high-degree of flotation to be an excellent life-saving skill. (As it pertains to my life, of course.) I can lie down on the water without moving my arms or legs and just float. I can have empty lungs or full lungs, but I will never sink. I easily traverse large distances (i.e. crossings of lakes while camping or at various cottages) because I know that if I get tired I can just stop … and nothing will happen. Mark, on the other hand, he’s a sinker.

That’s it!

Now lessee, six people huh? Forgive me if you have been tagged before: BeachMama, Porter, Boo Boo, Carrie, Scattered Mom, and Lex.

10 Responses to "Six things meme"

1 | porter

September 3rd, 2008 at 8:17 am

LOL…will do this but sometime this weekend….floatie.

2 | Marla

September 3rd, 2008 at 8:23 am

This is a note from reception at the office of Boo Boo.

Boo Boo is currently out of the office, holding meetings with his two friends, the black kitty with the white paws and chest and the mostly white kitty with some tabby markings. They are discussing the recent switch to supermarket cat food and the current budget reductions that prompted it – the cause being that if the premium food is going to remain uneaten and raccoons are going to finish it every evening, I will no longer invest when other “office” supplies are needed.

Once these matters have been settled, I will take his dictation and respond to said meme.

3 | Julie

September 3rd, 2008 at 8:29 am

Silly question: what does meme mean?

4 | Mary Lynn

September 3rd, 2008 at 8:52 am

Ha! My husband and I have the whole floater/sinker thing going on, too. I love lying on top of the water with my arms folded across my chest and my legs crossed and pointed straight, floating away. Even at my slimmest, I still was able to float on the water just fine.

Scary the almost falling out of a moving vehicle! Good for you having your seatbelt on. I remember in high school I was one of the few people in my group of friends who consistently wore a seatbelt. Whenever I drove people, I always insisted they buckle up. My friends used to tease me, “Yes, mom!” I used to think, “Hello! You guys are the ones taking the Physics classes!”

September 3rd, 2008 at 10:09 am

Mary Lynn, do you think it’s because men are naturally more dense? ;)

September 3rd, 2008 at 2:08 pm

A meme (pronounced /miːm/) [1] is any thought or behavior that can be passed from one person to another by learning or imitation. – Wikipedia

7 | Bob LeDrew

September 4th, 2008 at 6:25 am

Finally, someone else who’s never smoked pot! And by the way, stay away from those with trichotillomania.

8 | porter

September 7th, 2008 at 9:25 pm

I posted my meme.

9 | Marla

September 15th, 2008 at 9:45 am

Boo Boo has answered.

September 15th, 2008 at 10:26 am

Porter: you crack me up.
Marla: you are brilliant. Oh god. PRESENTING!

• molly: this was ... tremendous ... maybe that word is too uplifting for some but I stand by it. thanks so much for sharing it!
  • Ang Antos: I would respectfully disagree that the parks should open up individual reviews for each site, part of camping is the adventure, the not knowing and di
  • Maureen Kilpatrick: I love reading books and last year I read the most I’ve ever read since I started tracking on Goodreads. It was mostly due to the pandemic and the l
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive weathering - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] am happy to say that I am still making my bed every day and reading lots of books. I don’t want to oversell it, but the making the bed
  • jdope: It is ridiculously addictive, if you can get your hands on some it won't last long. FYI The ingredients on the Ikea Mustard Dill Jar: Canola Oil, M
  • Lisa from Iroquois: Totally get why you saved that calendar. You know, the way it is designed, you could easily create an slip of paper with 2021 calendar and glue it i
  • Stephanie Henderson: Thank you very much, you're an outstanding author! Maintain providing us with excellent stuff later on.