19 Jan, 2010

Ten things: Ten Places We Want To Visit

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy

I swear to god this one is entirely their own.

• France
  • Scotland
  • Hawaii
  • Carribean Islands
  • Australia
  • Japan
  • California
  • New York City
  • Yellowknife
  • Saskatchewan
Tags: ,

8 Responses to "Ten things: Ten Places We Want To Visit"

1 | karen at virtually there

January 19th, 2010 at 7:20 am

I love the fact that Saskatchewan is on there!

2 | Finola

January 19th, 2010 at 8:45 am

I laughed to see Saskatchewan as well. Too sweet! Glad to see Hawaii was up higher on the list though :)

3 | Trea

January 19th, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Nice … can I come? And will you actualy humour the kids and take them to some of these places?

4 | Alison @ Hospitality Haven

January 19th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I have been to the Caribbean Islands, California, New York City, and Saskatchewan! They are all fabulous places! Just make sure you visit Saskatchewan in the summer. The wheat is amazing, and the skies are endlessly blue! :) I went to New York City in February, and it’s amazing. Very cool city. If you line up at TKTS you can get tickets to broadway shows for that night much cheaper. :)

5 | vicki

January 19th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

So happy to see Saskatchewan and Yellowknife on the list! I was born in Yellowknife and grew-up in northern Saskatchewan (Nipawin).
Maybe they’ll add Belgium to the list? Amazing cities: Antwerp and Bruges. Not to mention the cycling, chocolate, frites, and Flemish people.

For a taste of Belgium, check out http://victoriasisland.typepad.com.

6 | Voyageur

January 19th, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Funny…we’ve been talking to the kids about where they’d like to travel. Mostly to the eldest who is 8. We recently decided against going to the Olympics because of 1) the cost and 2) kids won’t remember it and 3) there will be other Olympics we can attend when the kids are older and 4) why not save the money and dream of and discuss cool “big trip” destinations for a few years. We put the cash in a travel savings account where we’ll keep offramping some cash now and then, and now we begin our search for a great family trip. So far, we’re thinking of a 4-country month in Europe (Scotland, France, Holland and Italy). We also need to decide when. What is the best age for a trip with your family – where you understand and really experience what you are experiencing?

7 | Rebecca

January 19th, 2010 at 8:20 pm

so awesome that they want to visit places in Canada!

8 | Shar-Lee

January 19th, 2010 at 11:09 pm

We live in Saskatchewan and frequently enjoy your blog as an insight to life down East. We welcome your family to visit our beautiful province. Do come in the summer as previously mentioned. Bring your camping gear and enjoy our many lakes. Stop in Saskatoon for Taste of Saskatchewan and the Jazz Festival, then enjoy Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan.

• molly: this was ... tremendous ... maybe that word is too uplifting for some but I stand by it. thanks so much for sharing it!
  • Ang Antos: I would respectfully disagree that the parks should open up individual reviews for each site, part of camping is the adventure, the not knowing and di
  • Maureen Kilpatrick: I love reading books and last year I read the most I’ve ever read since I started tracking on Goodreads. It was mostly due to the pandemic and the l
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive weathering - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] am happy to say that I am still making my bed every day and reading lots of books. I don’t want to oversell it, but the making the bed
  • jdope: It is ridiculously addictive, if you can get your hands on some it won't last long. FYI The ingredients on the Ikea Mustard Dill Jar: Canola Oil, M
  • Lisa from Iroquois: Totally get why you saved that calendar. You know, the way it is designed, you could easily create an slip of paper with 2021 calendar and glue it i
  • Stephanie Henderson: Thank you very much, you're an outstanding author! Maintain providing us with excellent stuff later on.