01 Jun, 2010

Out of commission

Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff

Tuesday June 1, 2010

Piper got spayed today and will be wearing The CONE for a whole week.

Poor girl.

7 Responses to "Out of commission"

1 | Betsy Mae

June 1st, 2010 at 10:01 pm

awwww poor sweetie! a whole week? poor girl! you might find she doesn’t lick at her stitches and doesn’t need then cone when you are home, i know bad advice.

2 | sassymonkey

June 2nd, 2010 at 6:20 am

They always look extra pathetic when wearing those collars don’t they?

3 | Anne

June 2nd, 2010 at 7:32 am

Awww, she looks so sad.
A week seems long. When Riley got neutered last fall the vet said to keep it on a couple of days but we didn’t use it at all as he didn’t bother with the stitches.

4 | The C family >> a peek inside the fishbowl

June 2nd, 2010 at 8:28 am

[…] rinse out the night before. It was raining. Emma and I had to drive Piper to the vet’s. (See yesterday’s post.) She barfed in the car. And then pooped outside the car. And I had no choice but to put the poop […]

June 2nd, 2010 at 8:40 am

She was still doped up in this photo, but yes, dogs look pretty sad in their cones. We’ve been getting a lot of sympathetic looks from passers by.

A week does sound long, doesn’t it? A website I was looking at said TWO!

We’ll be going back for a checkup later this week so I will ask about it. She is trying to get at her stitches, so for now we are definitely leaving it on. She is a little better today, thank goodness. It breaks my heart to see her so sad.

6 | Laura

June 2nd, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Oh, poor puppy. The cone makes it worse…it’s hard to look dignified wearing a cone isn’t it? I hope she feels better soon.

7 | Betsy Mae

June 2nd, 2010 at 6:13 pm

how is piper doing? you sound pooped but i’m glad you still realize how important it is to take a moment even when things are busy…hope you got that moment.

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Look who I found! - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] He (or she) was just hanging out on a hosta. He’s the only one I’ve seen from our brood. […]
  • andrea tomkins: Me too! I am REALLY looking forward to it. We didn't get to go last year so I'm really counting on it this summer!
  • Ginger: I hope COVID-19 doesn't take away your camping trip!
  • andrea tomkins: It's going to be tough. The problem is that everyone seems to have a different tolerance. Some people think it's no big deal, while others haven't lef
  • Ginger: I'm that person too. I liked my personal space before this, but now...I would prefer even more than 6 feet please!
  • andrea tomkins: We have a natural gas BBQ but we bought this portable one a few years back fo camping and/or picnics. I loooove the smell of burning charcoal! And yes
  • Corvid: You have a charcoal grill *and* a gas bbq? Or just charcoal? I have both. Charcoal flavour is unique/delish. What restaurant is that?