19 Jan, 2007

Coming up on Monday: an official, virtual, show and tell

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Mondays are for Show and Tell|Easy ways to make kids happy

I’ve been thinking. Blogging is the adult version of that kindergarten favourite, Show And Tell. Well, on Monday I am planning a kiddie show and tell, here, on this blog.

You are invited to attend. You ALL are. Bring popcorn, but more importantly, this is your chance for your own kidlet to do a little show and tell of their own.

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is this:

– help your child find something they want to share – toys are okay, but I would love to see something different. Something interesting, something they made, they cherish, an heirloom, a treasure, a secret.
– photograph it
– post it on your blog along with their own commentary: What is it they chose to share and why?
– come back and let us know if you participated by posting a link to your show and tell in the comments.
– I encourage everyone reading along to leave a comment for the blogger’s child. Ask a question. Or two! Get them thinking and talking.

Who’s in? Let’s get a list going. And please help me spread the word. The more the merrier.

p.s. you won’t believe what I’ve got lined up for Sarah. So at the very least you’ll want to check back here on Monday. :)

11 Responses to "Coming up on Monday: an official, virtual, show and tell"

1 | Ann D

January 19th, 2007 at 11:39 am

This will show up on my KID ART lens @ Squidoo:
in the next hour or two!

2 | DaniGirl

January 19th, 2007 at 4:19 pm

I like this idea, but can’t guarantee I’ll be organized enough to play along by Monday. I’ll try!

3 | Sily_Kim

January 19th, 2007 at 6:11 pm

I’ll try and get organized for Monday with my two kiddies!

4 | jibiibear

January 19th, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Hi Andrea…Boo and Lolly are already off looking for what they will share with the greater web.

5 | Kim

January 20th, 2007 at 8:01 pm

I’ m in! Sounds like fun! I am sending Brooke off now to search for what she wants to share!

6 | Scattered Mom

January 21st, 2007 at 2:19 pm

Oh, Kevin would love that :)

I’m in too!

7 | a peek inside the fish bowl

January 22nd, 2007 at 1:19 am

[…] If you’ve got some sharing to do, please post a link in the comments. (What the heck is this all about? Read the post below.) […]

8 | Marla

January 22nd, 2007 at 10:43 am

I’m still a kid at heart, and I did kind of show and tell…but it’s not really cute or even nice or anything. So…umm….never mind.

9 | Heather

January 22nd, 2007 at 4:14 pm

What a wonderful idea! Can I feature it on Blogging Baby? Maybe you would be willing to do it for an additional day or perhaps have one next Monday? I think a number of our readers would be really interested in participating. I would also like to participate, but I am pretty late in the game for today.

Let me know and I will do a post on BB about it!

Thanks,

Heather

10 | a peek inside the fish bowl

February 19th, 2007 at 12:44 pm

[…] Filed under Easy ways to make kids happy, Mondays are for Show and Tell by andrea at 12:44. » Share This back totop […]

11 | a peek inside the fish bowl

March 9th, 2007 at 8:50 am

[…] on Monday. I hope you will join me! » Filed under Misc. life by andrea at 8:49. » Share This back totop […]

• andrea tomkins: Thanks Lynn! I will keep doing it as long as I enjoy doing it. :)
  • Lynn: just chiming in to say how much I still enjoy these weekly reading lists. That Google food one was fascinating!
  • Nick: In February, only one thing is good - this is the last month of winter and spring will come soon and it will be warm)
  • Tannia: I someone today who said he played polkaroo.
  • Tannia: What was the actor's name who played polkaroo?
  • Lynn: Oh man, I can see this as my future in just a few short years. Between you and Allison (who's oldest is off in America for university), I can hardly r
  • Amy: Although what your daughter says makes sense and I'd follow her advice when you can, keep in mind that ride-sharing apps are a very recent way to trav