14 May, 2007

Tomorrow, our Emma will be 8.

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Multimedia experiments

I talked to her about it before she went to bed earlier tonight. And this is what she had to say:

Tomorrow we’re getting up early to fix her the traditional “Birthday Breakfast in Bed,” which everyone receives on their special day.

Her request: sausage and pancakes.

7 Responses to "Tomorrow, our Emma will be 8."

1 | DaniGirl

May 15th, 2007 at 7:33 am

Happy happy birthday, Emma! I hope you have a wonderful day.

2 | Porter

May 15th, 2007 at 7:59 am

Happy birthday Emma!

Andrea,
Did you use a tape recorder (or am I ancient for saying ‘tape recorder’??)? We record our girls with our camcorder but I love the idea of just listening to their voices…..
Oh, and my baby turns two today…they share the same birthday. May 15th is a wonderful day.

May 15th, 2007 at 8:16 am

Porter – I know. I have to stop myself from saying “taped” all the time. “Did you tape my show?” “Can you get me a tape of that?” “I have that on tape!”

Gah. We’re old. :)

We have a video camera too, but there’s something extra special about having just the audio.

For this recording (see? I didn’t say tape)I used a Sony digital audio recorder I bought for my freelance writing interviews awhile back. It’s really easy to make the recordings web-compatible too. I can even edit!

4 | megan

May 15th, 2007 at 11:49 am

Emma can make her own sandwich AND brush her own hair!!!! I am totally spoiling my kids!
Happy birthday! I think 8 is a young big girl as well.

5 | Porter

May 15th, 2007 at 1:21 pm

Thanks Andrea…and I prefer to use the term “mature”

6 | Hillary

May 15th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

What a great perspective on the old/young issue! That’s soooo cute!

“I can’t MARRY!!!” Ah… I love it! Oh, I’m giggling away here. SOOOO cute!

AH hahahaaa, I jsut heard the last sentence. hehehe! Thanks for sharing!

7 | a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive A 19th birthday celebration in ten easy steps (Ottawa style!) - a peek inside the fishbowl

May 16th, 2018 at 2:34 pm

[…] night the eldest and I browsed a few past birthday–related posts here on the blog. I tell ya, celebrating 19 years is pretty different. […]

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Look who I found! - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] He (or she) was just hanging out on a hosta. He’s the only one I’ve seen from our brood. […]
  • andrea tomkins: Me too! I am REALLY looking forward to it. We didn't get to go last year so I'm really counting on it this summer!
  • Ginger: I hope COVID-19 doesn't take away your camping trip!
  • andrea tomkins: It's going to be tough. The problem is that everyone seems to have a different tolerance. Some people think it's no big deal, while others haven't lef
  • Ginger: I'm that person too. I liked my personal space before this, but now...I would prefer even more than 6 feet please!
  • andrea tomkins: We have a natural gas BBQ but we bought this portable one a few years back fo camping and/or picnics. I loooove the smell of burning charcoal! And yes
  • Corvid: You have a charcoal grill *and* a gas bbq? Or just charcoal? I have both. Charcoal flavour is unique/delish. What restaurant is that?