14 May, 2007

Tomorrow, our Emma will be 8.

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Multimedia experiments

I talked to her about it before she went to bed earlier tonight. And this is what she had to say:

Tomorrow we’re getting up early to fix her the traditional “Birthday Breakfast in Bed,” which everyone receives on their special day.

Her request: sausage and pancakes.

7 Responses to "Tomorrow, our Emma will be 8."

1 | DaniGirl

May 15th, 2007 at 7:33 am

Happy happy birthday, Emma! I hope you have a wonderful day.

2 | Porter

May 15th, 2007 at 7:59 am

Happy birthday Emma!

Andrea,
Did you use a tape recorder (or am I ancient for saying ‘tape recorder’??)? We record our girls with our camcorder but I love the idea of just listening to their voices…..
Oh, and my baby turns two today…they share the same birthday. May 15th is a wonderful day.

May 15th, 2007 at 8:16 am

Porter – I know. I have to stop myself from saying “taped” all the time. “Did you tape my show?” “Can you get me a tape of that?” “I have that on tape!”

Gah. We’re old. :)

We have a video camera too, but there’s something extra special about having just the audio.

For this recording (see? I didn’t say tape)I used a Sony digital audio recorder I bought for my freelance writing interviews awhile back. It’s really easy to make the recordings web-compatible too. I can even edit!

4 | megan

May 15th, 2007 at 11:49 am

Emma can make her own sandwich AND brush her own hair!!!! I am totally spoiling my kids!
Happy birthday! I think 8 is a young big girl as well.

5 | Porter

May 15th, 2007 at 1:21 pm

Thanks Andrea…and I prefer to use the term “mature”

6 | Hillary

May 15th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

What a great perspective on the old/young issue! That’s soooo cute!

“I can’t MARRY!!!” Ah… I love it! Oh, I’m giggling away here. SOOOO cute!

AH hahahaaa, I jsut heard the last sentence. hehehe! Thanks for sharing!

7 | a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive A 19th birthday celebration in ten easy steps (Ottawa style!) - a peek inside the fishbowl

May 16th, 2018 at 2:34 pm

[…] night the eldest and I browsed a few past birthday–related posts here on the blog. I tell ya, celebrating 19 years is pretty different. […]

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.