07 Jul, 2007

Somebody pinch me because I must be dreaming

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Westboro|Recipes and Food

I am resisting the temptation to write this entry in all-caps. I will say this… if you live in Westboro you will probably share my excitement once you find out THERE IS A SUSHI PLACE OPENING IN THE WESTBORO EXCHANGE.

Okay. So I couldn’t stay away from the caps lock after all.

Mark and I were walking, talking, casually looking for a newspaper box when all of a sudden I froze, pointed, and shrieked. In that order. SUSHI! In our neighborhood! And then I started jumping up and down and hugging him.

I.Am.Thrilled. And it happens to be a second location for one of our favourite sushi places in the city, MHK, which is located in an unassuming stripmall on ugly old Merivale Road. And now they’re coming HERE.

*does sushi dance*

*exits stage left*

Weee!

7 Responses to "Somebody pinch me because I must be dreaming"

1 | Claudette

July 8th, 2007 at 7:56 am

Pinch!

We accidentally found out that they’re opening a Japanese restaurant in our area, within walking distance. Being pregnant, I stay away from sushi, but japanese food…yay!

2 | Miss Vicky

July 8th, 2007 at 9:24 am

That is great news! Sushi gives me crazy endorphins. When does it open?

July 8th, 2007 at 9:45 am

Me too. There was no additional signage on the windows, and the interior is far from being complete. But if I hear a firm date I will file a report. :)

4 | Pendullum

July 9th, 2007 at 8:16 am

What exactly does a sushi dance look like?
Ya gotta post that!!!

5 | The Veggie Vixen

July 9th, 2007 at 7:59 pm

That’s great news! We were just at MHK last night. Yum! They have great vegetarian options and the service is top notch. Great service is a must no matter how good the food is.

6 | Teena

July 11th, 2007 at 9:31 pm

My friend, Liz, loves loves loves sushi.

I don’t get it …

7 | laurie

July 12th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

Happy to know that I wasn’t the only one jumping for joy on Richmond when the sign went up!