02 Mar, 2008

List less

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Holding the beach in my hand

These are some of the shells I brought back from my trip to Jamaica. I keep them on my kitchen windowsill. It’s nice to hold a piece of the beach in my hand, and to see it every day.

I’m feeling rather uninspired today, as I did yesterday and the day before. It was the funeral. It knocked the wind out of me.

Mark has been flat-on-his-back-sick for the last few days. I’m just about to take the girls skating, in hopes of cheering myself up. I have a feeling it’s not going to work.

All I really want to do is curl up on the couch under a heap of blankets and read until I can read no more.

Gah.

6 Responses to "List less"

1 | porter

March 2nd, 2008 at 9:29 pm

I’m sorry that you are feeling down. Who wouldn’t after experiencing the funeral of a child…it just should never, ever be. I’m sorry.
I hope the skating did cheer you up…did you skate on the canal? Did you get a beaver tail? Hope Mark is on the mend soon and that none of the rest of you catch whatever he has.

March 2nd, 2008 at 10:17 pm

Sadly, no, the skating didn’t really do the trick for me. We went to our local puddle, nothing big. The girls had fun – they always do – but I just dragged my butt around. :(
re: Mark. We just came back from the hospital. He has pneumonia. Gadzooks. What a day. I’m going to bed.

March 2nd, 2008 at 10:21 pm

ALSO (to illustrate how utterly distracted I am) we watched half of Elizabeth the Golden Age last night. And I accidently returned it this afternoon. I didn’t realize until, like, EIGHT HOURS LATER that we hadn’t actually finished watching it.

Am I a Dorkus Maximus or what?

4 | Julie

March 3rd, 2008 at 9:25 am

Speaking of movies… sometimes when I’m in a funk, a funny (I mean really funny) movie can help for an hour or two. Laughing is good, even if it’s just pretend.

5 | JoAnn

March 3rd, 2008 at 4:14 pm

Hi Andrea,
Keep it simple girl — lots of fresh air, and hugs all around will help.
Keep the sanitizing in the fore front (is that spelt right??) — hope Mark gets better soon, lots of liquids and rest! :)
JoAnn

6 | porter

March 3rd, 2008 at 9:21 pm

wow, that’s too bad about Mark…he’s going to need plenty of r&r.