21 Apr, 2008

Please finish this sentence:

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Please finish this sentence

When I am having a bad day …

17 Responses to "Please finish this sentence:"

April 21st, 2008 at 1:05 pm

… I dwell on it too much and then self-medicate by raiding the pantry. I really shouldn’t do that.

2 | Chantal

April 21st, 2008 at 1:11 pm

find it hard to accomplish any work at all

3 | J.

April 21st, 2008 at 1:17 pm

.. I ask A. to give me a puppet show.. That always makes me feel better. (i’m such a kid sometimes)

4 | Lee

April 21st, 2008 at 1:48 pm

… I spend too much time on the internet.

5 | Marla

April 21st, 2008 at 2:10 pm

What Lee said!

Then, I find an animal to snorgle. Mine – someone else’s, doesn’t matter. There’s usually some kind of animal within a couple of hundred feet of me, and they know when I come at them what I want.

And then? If that doesn’t work? I watch my former happy place on YouTube:

6 | ChristinaTE

April 21st, 2008 at 4:25 pm

(this is usually work induced so I will answer it from that perspective) I come home, crash on the couch and demand my husband to be responsible for dinner. We normally end up with some take out and a movie of MY choice. I like a good chick flick or comedy to bring me out of my funk. Actually… tonight might be one of those nights. Work’s killing me today!

7 | Ginger

April 21st, 2008 at 5:56 pm

…I want to be left alone. I don’t want to take it out on others and when I am irritated dealing with people usually makes it worse!

8 | The Veg Next Door

April 21st, 2008 at 5:58 pm

I think of how lucky I am to be home with the kids.

9 | tali

April 21st, 2008 at 6:54 pm

ditto what andrea and lee have said (and today is one of those days, unfortunately…)

10 | kc

April 21st, 2008 at 9:59 pm

the whole day is impossible to be all bad, so I focus on the great moments, they are there!

11 | Jon

April 21st, 2008 at 10:34 pm

Think of a happy song that I like. Walk to my entertainment centre. Find the cd or tape cassette that has that song. Play that song. Dance to that song as if nobody is watching me.

12 | porter

April 21st, 2008 at 10:36 pm

also dwell on it too much, become physically tight, and do my best to hold on until the kids have gone to bed and I can get into a hot bath and soak my problems away with a good book before crashing for the night…..because it’s almost always easier to deal with once I’ve had sleep.

13 | Sharon

April 22nd, 2008 at 7:37 am

I call my Friend across the river…HI!

;)

14 | vanessa

January 12th, 2009 at 10:47 am

a sensory depravation tank or swimming under water where no one can get to you is good – 1 pool i visit plays mozart underwater

15 | Jen

June 4th, 2009 at 8:58 pm

I need to go on a long walk. No one else needs to be around my cranky mood. A good long walk refreshes me and puts me in a better frame of mind everytime.

16 | Helena

February 3rd, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I deny that I’m having one. Its all about perspective.

17 | Dee

April 6th, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I dwell, breathe shallow and don’t pay attention to the -present- anywhere near what I should. And I scour my home for chocolate.

What I WISH I could have answered: “I go for a 10k run!”

terra20 Ottawa