20 Jun, 2008

memalicious

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Memes/blog awards etc

It’s special lunch day today! Yay! Full report to come…

This meme is via Porter.

Maybe I should… think more seriously about what I want to do when I grow up.

I love the smell of… campfires

People would say that I…. am a creative person.

I don’t understand why…people litter. The rest of us hold on to our garbage until we can find a way of disposing of it. Why can’t everyone do this?

When I wake up in the morning… I find it very hard to get out of bed.

I lost my will power to… avoid processed cheese in a jar and Rice Krispie squares.

Life is wonderful with… a family as fun and loving as mine.

My past made me… who I am today. And even though parts of my past make me a little sad, I think that if my past were any different I wouldn’t be me. And I like who I am and my life today. I wouldn’t change it for anything.

I get annoyed when… no one listens.

Parties are not… for drinking to excess anymore. I can no longer hold my liquor, and hangovers aren’t quite so manageable with children around.

Dogs are… cute and loveable, but too stinky for my liking. Besides, I’ve dealt with enough poop. Why would I want to invite more of it into my life?

Cats are … independent creatures who pretend to love you only because they don’t know how to use a can opener.

Tomorrow I am going to… do something fun with the girls.

I have a low tolerance for… impatient drivers.

I’m totally terrified of… dying.

Never in my life… will I swim with the sharks (see above).

High school was something that… I wouldn’t want to do again.

When I’m nervous… I can’t find the words

Take my advice… stand tall, dress your best, and act confident … even if you aren’t.

Making my bed is… something I don’t do every day, but I LIKE returning to a bed that’s made, so I should endeavour to do it more often.

I’m almost always… seeking warmth. I am a creature of comfort!

I’m addicted to… photography. I can’t go anywhere without my camera.

I want someone… to write in my comments a line or two about what they like best about themselves.

10 Responses to "memalicious"

1 | porter

June 20th, 2008 at 9:03 am

What I like best about myself???? I like that I am always honest with my husband and kids. I like that I smile easily. I like that I am reliable.

BTW I just read my own meme answers again and I’m shaking my head! Who answered my questions for me???

2 | Julie

June 20th, 2008 at 9:25 am

Wow, what I like best about myself….I like that I have a wonderful family and friends to spend time with. Boring, I know.

3 | Mar

June 20th, 2008 at 10:04 am

Humm tall order! What I like best about myself is that my emotions are always close to the surface, good or bad. I care very much about people and always want to make things better for everyone.

4 | Lynn

June 20th, 2008 at 10:20 am

One thing I pride myself on is that I let my kids get dirty. I remember my mom saying once about my older sister — as praise — that she always kept her kids so very clean. My kids often have paint in their hair, PlayDoh under their nails, or flour all up and down their arms from where they’ve been helping me bake. Just now the older two came inside where they’d been investigating a mud puddle — totally wet and covered in dirt, but so very happy.

It’s sometimes annoying as a mom to have to deal with the mess but I like it that they don’t have to feel afraid to explore.

5 | Ginger

June 20th, 2008 at 11:03 am

The thing I like most about me…that I am different from alot of people I know. And that I have finally realized that it is okay to be different. For instance, cloth diapering is very important to me. Most of my family and friends think I am crazy. I just smile and say maybe I am. A few years ago I wouldn’t have been okay with that, but now I am.

6 | LO

June 20th, 2008 at 4:25 pm

I like that i can always make others laugh!
LO

7 | Jules

June 21st, 2008 at 1:28 am

Well I like that I have a lovely family, and a cat who loves me because I am the bearer of the can opener. But right now the thing I like the most is the fact that I just ate a lot of chocolate and it hasn’t yet settled on my hips! I know, I know……. nothing grand, but it’s a start.

8 | smothermother

June 21st, 2008 at 8:57 am

I like that I am a very loyal friend and would move mountains for them if I could, and that they know this.

9 | Sharon

June 25th, 2008 at 7:55 am

What I like best about me… Ahhh…Uhhhh…Hummmm? is that ahhh…no not that….Ahhhh….ummmm….OH! I’m easy to talk to and kids seem to like me because I treat them like people not a different speicies!
I’ve been told this alot lately from Mir’s friends and the kids I work with at school.
Must me my motherly hips.

Not used to thinking about my self in the positive so that was though.
Hugs

10 | Sharon

June 25th, 2008 at 7:55 am

Certianly not my spelling. SIGH

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999. The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.