16 Jun, 2008

Lunch as therapy?

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Our task this week*, should we decide to accept it… is fourfold.

1. Ask yourself: what is my favourite kind of lunch?  Dig deep into your memory. Is it soup? Salad? Sandwich? What kind? What gives you the most pleasure? It could be as simple as almond butter with sliced bananas and a tall glass of milk. It could be chickpea salad, or leafy greens with a thick slice of fresh bread and gooey cheese. Whatever you decide, it has to be really really good.
  2. Pick a day this week that you’re going to make your favourite lunch. If you don’t have a recipe, find one. If you need to marinade something, do it. If there are people in your family who are grouse at the idea of eating goat cheese, ignore them. This lunch is FOR YOU.
  3. Pick a nice place to eat your lunch. It could be your backyard, a nearby park, or just on your front steps. I know this isn’t easy for everyone (hey, I used to work in an industrial park – I KNOW UGLY), but do try to find the best place possible. If you really want to go the extra mile, pack the good silverware and linens.
  4. Now this is important. Ignore the world. Chew slowly, and savour every second of your special lunch. You are worth it. You know you are.

If you play along, come back and tell us what you prepared for yourself. Bonus points for photos and recipes. :)

So who’s in?

*ETA: even if you can’t do it this week, but CAN do it next week, do it. There’s no time limit for your special lunch. (But I still want to hear what you ate and how you treated yourself!)

Tags:

7 Responses to "Lunch as therapy?"

1 | BeachMama

June 16th, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Andrea, you are so fun. If I can, I will do it!

2 | porter

June 16th, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I agree with BeachMama, I love these little challenges. I am definitely in. I might do dinner instead of lunch though because it’s ‘my’ night. I will post about it.

3 | Chantal

June 17th, 2008 at 8:07 am

I am hoping to do the special lunch.

4 | Miss Vicky

June 18th, 2008 at 12:55 pm

I may have to do it next week… this week is wacky.

Although I did get my hair cut at lunch today. That’s pretty special!

5 | get your motor running at a peek inside the fishbowl

June 19th, 2008 at 8:56 am

[…] Back to work. Oh, I also need to plan my special lunch tomorrow. (Speaking of which, check out Porter’s fab dinner.) Filed under Misc. life […]

7 | special lunch, and dinner, and another lunch to come at a peek inside the fishbowl

June 21st, 2008 at 10:12 am

[…] my post on Friday I biked to pick up the ingredients for my special lunch. I planned to cook it up and eat it within an […]