01 Jun, 2008

test

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

I think I’m having a heart attack over here.

6 Responses to "test"

1 | porter

June 1st, 2008 at 9:03 pm

ohhhh andrea…..good luck, i hope you can fix things

2 | Miss Vicky

June 2nd, 2008 at 8:43 am

gack. I’m so sorry.

3 | Lynn

June 2nd, 2008 at 12:47 pm

That’s awful! I didn’t even know such a thing could happen!

I hope you’re able to get everything back.

4 | Jen

June 2nd, 2008 at 8:27 pm

Oh no!!! I hope can get everything back!! :-(

5 | Alison in Ottawa

June 2nd, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Why on earth would hacking a blog be something someone would be interested in doing?

June 3rd, 2008 at 8:13 am

Want to see how much I lost? Use the search feature in the right-hand sidebar and search the word “hacked”. :(

Aaaaragh.
Someone (who is doomed to burn in eternal hell) was getting into the admin end of my blog and was “hiding” text in my posts, text that was linking to a variety of websites. Text that deleted entire posts sometimes.

Why? It improves their ranking in search engines because it appears as though I’m linking to them.

Google discovered it, and took MY website out of their search database. I’ve fixed it on my end, but it could take weeks before I’m back in Google’s good books and listed in their search engine again.

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Look who I found! - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] He (or she) was just hanging out on a hosta. He’s the only one I’ve seen from our brood. […]
  • andrea tomkins: Me too! I am REALLY looking forward to it. We didn't get to go last year so I'm really counting on it this summer!
  • Ginger: I hope COVID-19 doesn't take away your camping trip!
  • andrea tomkins: It's going to be tough. The problem is that everyone seems to have a different tolerance. Some people think it's no big deal, while others haven't lef
  • Ginger: I'm that person too. I liked my personal space before this, but now...I would prefer even more than 6 feet please!
  • andrea tomkins: We have a natural gas BBQ but we bought this portable one a few years back fo camping and/or picnics. I loooove the smell of burning charcoal! And yes
  • Corvid: You have a charcoal grill *and* a gas bbq? Or just charcoal? I have both. Charcoal flavour is unique/delish. What restaurant is that?