17 Jul, 2008

One potato two potato?

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Yes. That's me. On the Food Network. Eating a potato.

I am too tired to write about my debut on the Food Network right now. I am trying not to dwell on the fact that someone captured me EATING ON CAMERA. And my pointy nose! Or does TV make things seem pointer in general? Good lord.

More tomorrow. :)

9 Responses to "One potato two potato?"

1 | words words

July 18th, 2008 at 6:21 am

Good lord. If noses didn’t point, we’d all be breathing out our mouths.

Capture THAT on TV.

2 | The Veg Next Door

July 18th, 2008 at 6:24 am

Is that the only food they gave you? :-)

3 | david

July 18th, 2008 at 8:01 am

it is the Food Network, keep that in mind

drool and slobber and look like you’re really enjoying it !

4 | porter

July 18th, 2008 at 8:02 am

Did it air? You look perfectly normal doing a perfectly normal task…eating yummy food! Lucky you. I still haven’t made that ceaser salad, I keep forgetting. And your nose is NOT pointy????

5 | BeachMama

July 18th, 2008 at 8:04 am

Food Network! Look at you go! And eating on the Food Network is totally acceptable.

July 18th, 2008 at 8:16 am

omg you guys are so funny.

Here’s the scoop.

I was one of the folks who was asked to come out and participate in the taping of this show. (I originally wrote about the show taping here.)

I knew I KNEW there was going to be at least one shot of me eating something, or doing something ridiculous like CLINKING SCALLOPS WITH THE SHOW’S HOST (see original post), but thankfully the scallop segment ended up on the cutting room floor. For the most part you can just see me floating in the background, peeking over people’s heads. (I didn’t want to be front and centre!)

The show is called Road Grill and this particular one is called “Garage Sale.” It’s supposed to be airing over the summer on the Food Network and in 91 countries around the world. (!)

You can find dates/times/recipes on the show’s website.

7 | The Moffman

July 18th, 2008 at 9:45 am

With the ridiculous size of his arms, I’m surprised that old Matty didn’t knock you over when you clinked scallops. :)

July 18th, 2008 at 9:59 am

lol – so true!
And had I not googled “old Matty” I wouldn’t have known he was a football star. He was very nice though, I have to say.

9 | Shannon

July 24th, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I feel your pain. I was in the “Autism Cycle” episode. :)

terra20 Ottawa

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• Lynn: WAY behind in my blog reading, but I had to comment as I catch up because I've been there - had lost days. What is it about super busy women like us t
  • ichungcusaigon.info: Cancun real estate now offers quick access to all in the modern conveniences retirees from your U. While picking a real estate agent to dedicate yo
  • SJM: My father sent epic care packages when I was at Uni - one per term. It included a 6 pack of beer and lots of food. This was when postage was much chea
  • andrea tomkins: I KNOW. It's crazy that we are now the parents of an adult. I can hardly believe it myself most days! :)
  • Allison: What!!??!! How is your daughter in university?!! That just cannot be!!! So glad to hear she is adjusting well and having fun and enjoying her classes
  • andrea tomkins: Great ideas Joy! Especially the POST-its! They're actually an expensive purchase for a student, so they'd make a nice addition to a care package.
  • joy: cute and fun - I would love to receive things like this! How about notebooks, magazines, post-it notes, seasonal treats, lip balms, gift cards for fav