17 Jul, 2008

One potato two potato?

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Yes. That's me. On the Food Network. Eating a potato.

I am too tired to write about my debut on the Food Network right now. I am trying not to dwell on the fact that someone captured me EATING ON CAMERA. And my pointy nose! Or does TV make things seem pointer in general? Good lord.

More tomorrow. :)

9 Responses to "One potato two potato?"

1 | words words

July 18th, 2008 at 6:21 am

Good lord. If noses didn’t point, we’d all be breathing out our mouths.

Capture THAT on TV.

2 | The Veg Next Door

July 18th, 2008 at 6:24 am

Is that the only food they gave you? :-)

3 | david

July 18th, 2008 at 8:01 am

it is the Food Network, keep that in mind

drool and slobber and look like you’re really enjoying it !

4 | porter

July 18th, 2008 at 8:02 am

Did it air? You look perfectly normal doing a perfectly normal task…eating yummy food! Lucky you. I still haven’t made that ceaser salad, I keep forgetting. And your nose is NOT pointy????

5 | BeachMama

July 18th, 2008 at 8:04 am

Food Network! Look at you go! And eating on the Food Network is totally acceptable.

July 18th, 2008 at 8:16 am

omg you guys are so funny.

Here’s the scoop.

I was one of the folks who was asked to come out and participate in the taping of this show. (I originally wrote about the show taping here.)

I knew I KNEW there was going to be at least one shot of me eating something, or doing something ridiculous like CLINKING SCALLOPS WITH THE SHOW’S HOST (see original post), but thankfully the scallop segment ended up on the cutting room floor. For the most part you can just see me floating in the background, peeking over people’s heads. (I didn’t want to be front and centre!)

The show is called Road Grill and this particular one is called “Garage Sale.” It’s supposed to be airing over the summer on the Food Network and in 91 countries around the world. (!)

You can find dates/times/recipes on the show’s website.

7 | The Moffman

July 18th, 2008 at 9:45 am

With the ridiculous size of his arms, I’m surprised that old Matty didn’t knock you over when you clinked scallops. :)

July 18th, 2008 at 9:59 am

lol – so true!
And had I not googled “old Matty” I wouldn’t have known he was a football star. He was very nice though, I have to say.

9 | Shannon

July 24th, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I feel your pain. I was in the “Autism Cycle” episode. :)

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• andrea tomkins: Awesome! Glad to hear! You may be the only one I've managed to convince, Festina. If so, the coffee is yours at the end of the month! If other Ottawa
  • Festina Lente: Fantastic idea. Something we should all do on Heart Day. I'm in !
  • andrea tomkins: It's crazy to think that IS the *real* website! How is this selling Winterlude to millions of potential visitors from all over the world? How is it se
  • Splake: Totally agree. And ditto on the lousy website. I actually kept searching for while to find the *real* website. Come on Ottawa. It's time to st
  • Wynne: We've really enjoyed participating in escape rooms too. We've only been to two in Ottawa & can't wait to try out more. If your family is into boar
  • andrea tomkins: Yes it was! It was a really nice treat. I'm definitely bringing the kids next time. :)
  • Judy: Is this what you indulged in after we chatted? I have yet to try the hot chocolate....