14 Sep, 2008

I am alive

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Ottawa|Photography

Zip lining!

I did it! Yay me! Now I must go pour myself a beer.

8 Responses to "I am alive"

1 | porter

September 14th, 2008 at 4:10 pm

when you said zip lining i had no idea it would be that high up or that long…OMG! good for you.

2 | Karen

September 14th, 2008 at 4:46 pm

That’s wonderful! Enjoy the beverage. ;)

3 | Ginger

September 14th, 2008 at 6:06 pm

That is an amazing picture. What a fun and beautiful experience it must have been!

4 | Chantal

September 14th, 2008 at 8:11 pm

OH that looks like fun!!! Did the kids do it with you?

5 | Julie

September 15th, 2008 at 8:22 am

Yeay! I bet you had a big smile the whole way down.

6 | Sharon

September 15th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

OMG NOT ON YOUR LIFE! OK mine you did it but no way I could do it.
I’m hyperventlating for you.
Glad you were brave enough to do it.
Now I need a beer after seeing that shot.
WOW.

7 | J.

September 19th, 2008 at 5:44 am

Yeahhh! That’s awesome!

8 | Writing. Leaping. Landing. >> a peek inside the fishbowl

September 15th, 2009 at 7:42 am

[…] been looking at this photo today. It was posted almost exactly a year ago. It’s not me in that photo, but I love […]

• lose weight: Divorce,drama, loss of a job, health problems about yourself or someone you worry about - these items happen. ''For starters, the way the Diet Solutio
  • Claudette: I love your little list every weekend! As I've mentioned, I too have started doing something similar, and some of my followers are commenting how much
  • Misty: I also have trouble with the things I need to do, but don't want to do (including a new pair of glasses) I did finally check off submitting a warranty
  • Claudette: That is wonderful to hear! I'm the same with wheat and sugar, so if I plan a spaghetti dinner i know that all day that day I will not have any wheat p
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive The January reset continues - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] other day I posted about some promises I made to myself and we are ten days into the month so I wanted to share a small update. To summariz
  • Jinjer: Ohhhhhh!!!! The little jars/tins are so cute and I love the box! All those tea flavors sound tasty. I definitely want this and my Mom DID just ask me
  • Claudette: My 16yo niece all the way out on the west coast loves David's Tea stuff. So I get her gift cards from there...pretty good gift idea for a teen, don't

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.