15 Sep, 2008

monday meandering me

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

– I’ve run out of frozen berries, so today’s smoothie is an unmeasured mixture of green tea, fresh pears, cucumber, sweetened plain yogurt, ice cubes, ground flax and honey. I wasn’t sure if I was going to regret the addition of cucumber, but it was surprisingly refreshing.

– It’s cold today! I need new slippers. Slippers are the new cool. Did you know that?

– I plugged in ye ol’ litebook this morning. I needed something to light my fire today.

– Mark and I made a BIG purchase this weekend. More on that later, but I will say this: I am incredibly excited. It’s a big blog post in itself. Anyone care to guess?

I am keeping this short because my pile o’work is about *this* high and my week is shaping up to be a busy one.

What it is about September?

11 Responses to "monday meandering me"

1 | The Veg Next Door

September 15th, 2008 at 12:23 pm

A BIG purchase, eh? Is it a house, cottage or car? Looking forward to hearing the news.

That’s some weather…Steaming hot yesterday and chilly today.

September 15th, 2008 at 1:54 pm

lol – big, but not that big. ;)

3 | porter

September 15th, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Big purchase huh?

Bed?

I know it’s not a dog. Hmmmm.

It’s already MID September, that’s what I am having a tough time believing.

Slippers are cool? Good cause I wear a big old pair that are like UGG boots…love them.

4 | J.

September 15th, 2008 at 3:23 pm

new fridge and stove?

5 | LO

September 15th, 2008 at 5:28 pm

I was gonna guess car but someone already did so I’m going to say a flat screen…….
or a beehive to make your own honey…….:)

7 | porter

September 15th, 2008 at 8:50 pm

I said bed…mattress was included in my guess…….just for the record!

September 15th, 2008 at 9:27 pm

Not a cottage or a car.
No appliances.
Not a bed, or a mattress, although I would love a new one and unless Mark and I decided we’re going to buy one for Christmas it’s probably not going to happen this year.

Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word “big”? How big is big anyway. It’s big to me. It’s big because we’re going to have this for a long time. It’s big because we love it and it isn’t something we normally buy for ourselves.

Does anyone want to play twenty questions? I just gave you eight or nine freebies. :)

p.s.
(I just can’t bring myself to tell unless I have a good pic. And I don’t have one yet. Yet.)

September 16th, 2008 at 10:40 am

Nooo, not an aquarium!

11 | The Veg Next Door

September 16th, 2008 at 7:54 pm

A papisan (sp?) or some kind of lovechair.

• link alternatif formasiqq: We're Australia's largest supply of expert critiques based on unbiased evcaluation and rigofous testing.
  • andrea tomkins: Thanks Lynn! I'm all about keepin' it real here. :) There's no point glossing over the fact that it took me three days to get over our jet lag, but I
  • Lynn: Last time I was at the one in Kanata, they didn't have any of the giant popcorn (which I am embarrassed to admit, makes up at least 25% of my at-home
  • Lynn: I'm really enjoying your Thailand series but I have to say, it is not inspiring me to travel at all. I am a terrible, stressed out, freaked out travel
  • Lynn: And this is why I just cannot bring myself to leave Canada. You are superheroes!
  • Jinjer: OMGgggggg I would've died on the spot I'm so terrified of bugs. YOur daughter is brave, reaching in there to remove the bag of nuts. And she must REAL
  • barristers: I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently