22 Sep, 2008

Please finish this sentence

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Please finish this sentence

If someone (like my mother-in-law!) dropped by my house right now I would:

20 Responses to "Please finish this sentence"

September 22nd, 2008 at 9:43 am

… appear presentable, but be totally embarrassed about the state of the kitchen. And the laundry. And the stuff in the front hall.

2 | Katie

September 22nd, 2008 at 10:00 am

wish I had dried my hair and put on makeup. But only after I’d changed my shirt.

3 | Mary Lynn

September 22nd, 2008 at 10:01 am

…not be home to let her in. I would miss visiting with her, but it’s probably just as well she can’t see the house as it’s a bit of a mess right now. The cleaning lady comes tomorrow!

4 | Chantal

September 22nd, 2008 at 10:21 am

meet her at the door and suggest we go out for coffee while locking the door behind me.

5 | BeachMama

September 22nd, 2008 at 11:13 am

Pretend I was on my way out the door….

7 | Nicol

September 22nd, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Would think, at least my house is always far cleaner then hers. But of course, it would give me a break from the endless Monday chores.

8 | kate

September 22nd, 2008 at 1:23 pm

be at work because I had a job?

9 | porter

September 22nd, 2008 at 1:29 pm

curse having a doorbell and a dog who barks when someone comes to the door because the kids would be tipped off and I wouldn’t be able to pretend I wasn’t home!

10 | mrsgryphon

September 22nd, 2008 at 1:43 pm

give her a great big hug because, wow, she flew halfway across the country to surprise us! Then discreetly try to shove dog fur into the corners and under the couch while I give her a tour of the new house.

11 | Ginger

September 22nd, 2008 at 1:51 pm

say: Hello! Which baby would you like to feed and change and hold!?!?

Then maybe I could vacuum the living room, or do some laundry or take a nap!

12 | J.

September 22nd, 2008 at 2:36 pm

wish that I had enough time to clean before she came.

13 | Marla

September 22nd, 2008 at 2:37 pm

Make her comfortable while she watches her grandaughter so I can get a few errands done!

14 | Sharon

September 22nd, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Sigh…make her a cup of tea and listen to her tell me the same story over and over and wonder which bits of it are true.
She is in the begining of Alizihimiers(sp?)

15 | Shan

September 22nd, 2008 at 4:57 pm

…. call the girls to say hi to their Grandma and ask her if she wanted some tea.

16 | Julie

September 22nd, 2008 at 5:11 pm

make a pot of coffee, smile and try to ignore her increadible bossiness. She would win the bossy boots award, hands down… but she means well.

17 | Virtually There

September 22nd, 2008 at 7:16 pm

wonder aloud who broke into my house recently and made it so messy.

18 | Ali Fowler

September 22nd, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Oh! Here. Can you get my daughter to grade 4….. because I can’t. Helpppp!

19 | Rosie : )

September 23rd, 2008 at 3:17 pm

Smile and pretend that my household wasn’t utter chaos. Ignorance is bliss. ;)

20 | Jen_nifer

September 24th, 2008 at 8:45 am

not open the door.

• link alternatif formasiqq: We're Australia's largest supply of expert critiques based on unbiased evcaluation and rigofous testing.
  • andrea tomkins: Thanks Lynn! I'm all about keepin' it real here. :) There's no point glossing over the fact that it took me three days to get over our jet lag, but I
  • Lynn: Last time I was at the one in Kanata, they didn't have any of the giant popcorn (which I am embarrassed to admit, makes up at least 25% of my at-home
  • Lynn: I'm really enjoying your Thailand series but I have to say, it is not inspiring me to travel at all. I am a terrible, stressed out, freaked out travel
  • Lynn: And this is why I just cannot bring myself to leave Canada. You are superheroes!
  • Jinjer: OMGgggggg I would've died on the spot I'm so terrified of bugs. YOur daughter is brave, reaching in there to remove the bag of nuts. And she must REAL
  • barristers: I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently