02 Dec, 2008

Family advent day two: letters to Santa

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

I made hot chocolate with candy canes, we snacked on bagels and clementines while we worked on our letters. I had a hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick. (My new treat!)

I guess we spent more time munching than writing because the letters aren’t done yet. Here are the drafts. I think they’re pretty good so far.

Click to view full size.

Sarah's letter to Santa - Christmas 2008

Emma's letter to Santa - Christmas 2008

After dinner we watched Shrek the Halls and ate warm banana bread. A pretty good day two.

p.s. this is part of my 25 days of Christmas challenge. It’s never too late to play along!

6 Responses to "Family advent day two: letters to Santa"

1 | Natalie

December 2nd, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Awesome simply awesome!

2 | Aimee Larsen

December 2nd, 2008 at 10:16 pm

Awe! What a peaceful evening. I had company in and out all day. People must just want to know what I’ve been up to lately with all the decorating going on in my living room. So, we did our letters to Santa yesterday and baked cookies tonight. Yesterday it was nice because it snowed for about 20 minutes while we wrote our letters and it never snows here anymore. Tonight was kinda hurried and my plans to eat cookies and watch a Christmas Movie were blown. Oh, well. I’d better check tomorrows otherwise I might not be prepared. Also, THANK YOU for doing this for some reason, it feels like it’s made all the difference and has really focused me this season. Other people are just posting other peoples Advent Calendars to show how cute the can be but I like that you are sharing how they are supposed to be a true gift and bring something special to your life. Thank you!

3 | Marla

December 3rd, 2008 at 9:17 am

Now that I can picture y’all doing this better, your posts are extra lovely.

4 | words words

December 3rd, 2008 at 11:44 am

Do not let Sarah use the trampoline, bow and arrow set and giant stuffed giraffe at the same time.

It’s a recipe for disaster.

5 | J.

December 3rd, 2008 at 12:57 pm

warm banana bread. So nice. :)

6 | Scatteredmom

December 3rd, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Oh we watched Shrek the Halls too! It was hilarious!