21 Jan, 2009

Obamamania

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Sarah came home from school yesterday and told me they watched something on TV about a fellow named Marako Bama. :)

I watched everything from the comfort of my couch, how about you?

8 Responses to "Obamamania"

1 | twinmomplusone

January 21st, 2009 at 9:15 am

I didn’t watch any but I’ve been reading his book lately so I too am in Obamamania. And how cool to have the kids watch this momentous historical moment in school!

2 | vanessa

January 21st, 2009 at 11:29 am

sounds like fred & elma flintoffs
one of those where were you when ……..moments
i missed it but caught the hilights on the news

3 | Susan

January 21st, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Half the staff in our office took an “early lunch” and watched it on TVs in several offices on the floor. Great speech – I enjoyed all the subtle (or no-so-subtle) criticisms of the past regime.

I hope he can live up to all (or most) of the expectations.

4 | Jennifer

January 21st, 2009 at 2:17 pm

We were outside playing most of the morning so I had everything on record, then the PVR kept rebooting so I ended up missing the good stuff!!! I wonder does the new Pres feel a bit like a dog who just caught a bus??? I can’t help but think he woke up his morning thinking WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO!! I have faith he’ll do a good job.

5 | Scattered Mom

January 21st, 2009 at 7:12 pm

It was 9 AM-ish in BC when that was going on, and a few of the classes in my high school hit the big screen in the theater and watched it. Some fists were even pumping the air, there was cheering and clapping, and people were practically dancing in the hallways.

I thought it was VERY cool!

6 | LO

January 21st, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Hilarious-yes watched and listened on the radio (in between yoga classes). My daughter came home and said that her teacher was talking about how Bush was the second most hated President of all time, after “Nexxus.” Her teacher is from Ireland so I am going to blame it on the rich accent but I am sure they were talking about Nixon:)
BTW RoCk BaRaCk!

7 | smothermother

January 22nd, 2009 at 7:36 am

I was trying to stream it at work, but they block it. Then I found an archaic radio that you had to stand with your hand on the antenna, one foot in the air and some tin foil on your head to get CBC. Then I found out my Director had a TV in her office. Rand down the hall and got to watch it all. Incredible! Also loved the “subtle” digs on the W regime.

January 22nd, 2009 at 7:46 am

Ha, yes. The digs. I think that was my favourite part too!