01 Feb, 2009

So this is what happened.

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Mark left the grocery store and walked across the parking lot towards our car. When he got to the car he noticed a big dent in the roof. He wondered about it for a moment or two (“When did that happen?”), opened the door, and climbed in. And THAT was when he realized the seat was set way back. And THAT was when he looked around and noticed that it wasn’t actually our car. And THAT was when he turned around to see the large, rather surprised-looking Doberman staring at him from the back seat. And THAT was when Mark scrambled out of the stranger’s car.

True story. And it wasn’t even dark out.

7 Responses to "So this is what happened."

1 | LO

February 1st, 2009 at 10:22 am

TOO funny! I think we’ve all ‘almost’ done that but Mark wins for full follow thru! Glad he’s okay!

2 | Mary Lynn

February 1st, 2009 at 10:23 am

Thanks! I needed a good laugh this morning!

3 | Shan

February 1st, 2009 at 11:41 am

Oh that is very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

4 | Mark

February 1st, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Yes, the Doberman kept staring at me as I walked away. I think he was as surprised as I was (although I found it funny, I’m not sure he saw it the same way).

5 | porter

February 1st, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Oh my gosh!!! That is very funny. I’ve done something similar (opened the back passenger door to put Mouse into her car seat only to realize the car seat had been ‘stolen’, then realized that someone put a map in the back seat of the car, then realized the car was too clean, then realized I had the wrong car!)…BUT I would have died if a dog was in the car!!!!

6 | Shirliana Glassberg

February 1st, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Oh my gosh! I did the same thing once. Getting into my car at a local mall and being so thrilled with my acquisition (a pair of bright pink heels that i originally drooled over when they were full price, but nearly pee’d my pants to find on clearance for a mere $20), that it took me a minute to figure out why my seat was so far back and my neon pink Elvis tags weren’t hanging from the rear view mirror. Embarrassing enough, but more so when newly related mother-in-law says a friend thought they saw me at the mall getting into a few cars before I found mine. Uh… scuse me – it was only ONE!

7 | J.

February 2nd, 2009 at 3:34 pm

lol poor guy :)

• andrea tomkins: Thanks Lynn! I will keep doing it as long as I enjoy doing it. :)
  • Lynn: just chiming in to say how much I still enjoy these weekly reading lists. That Google food one was fascinating!
  • Nick: In February, only one thing is good - this is the last month of winter and spring will come soon and it will be warm)
  • Tannia: I someone today who said he played polkaroo.
  • Tannia: What was the actor's name who played polkaroo?
  • Lynn: Oh man, I can see this as my future in just a few short years. Between you and Allison (who's oldest is off in America for university), I can hardly r
  • Amy: Although what your daughter says makes sense and I'd follow her advice when you can, keep in mind that ride-sharing apps are a very recent way to trav