16 Apr, 2009

Found…

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Found objects

… near the intersection of Roosevelt and Byron.

Found Polaroid: rocking horse girl

13 Responses to "Found…"

1 | words words

April 16th, 2009 at 8:17 am

Hurray for found polaroids! And springy horses!

2 | mel

April 16th, 2009 at 9:36 am

What a treasure! I’d like to frame it/ (^_^)

(You’ll submit a scan to Found Magazine, right?)

3 | DaniGirl

April 16th, 2009 at 9:49 am

Oh, someone will be so sad to have lost that little treasure!! What year do you think that was? I’m going to guess 1971.

April 16th, 2009 at 10:28 am

Lessee… wood panelling, a record player, springy ride-on horse, red coveralls, scratchy brown plaid furniture … must be 1970s for sure.

5 | Krista

April 16th, 2009 at 10:40 am

Early 70s for sure. I had a horse like that – but I’m sure that’s not me!

6 | Marla

April 16th, 2009 at 12:29 pm

haha! Record albums! There’s a sight for sore eyes!

7 | Hellcat13

April 16th, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Wow…we had that horse, we had that couch, and we had that wall unit with those albums…yet this is not anyone from my family! Go 70s!

April 16th, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I had the panelling and not the horse. (so sad!)

9 | raino

April 16th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

oh no. i hope someone claims it.

10 | lacoop

April 16th, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I think we still have that panelling in the basement.

11 | Chantal

April 16th, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I was gonna say “he” but clearly the ruffled collar makes it a “she” (but you never know with the 70s! I spent most of it with the most unfortunate bowl cut!), but anyhow, this child could easily be one of Dani’s! Looks just like her adorable offspring!

12 | DaniGirl

April 17th, 2009 at 7:14 am

*laughing at Chantal* Glad I came back to see if anybody else was playing the “what year was this” game! It’s the cheeks, right?

• Jinjer: I love that dog figurine so much!!!!
  • Dani: It's morrel season. Woot! https://photos.app.goo.gl/bE76iBETEpkDGU7w5
  • andrea tomkins: I will definitely check that out Tiana!
  • Yana: There is one near the train in Carleton Uni
  • Tiana: Oh there's a great book, if you haven't read it already - Gathering Moss by Robin Wall-Kimmerer.
  • Quail: Mushrooming is a fantastic hobby. Take a course in late September. These fun fall outings are usually very productive and often led by keen experts.
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive More about mushrooms - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] week I shared a quick recipe for mushrooms on toast. I deeply regret not running out and shoring up my mushroom supplies because I have a se

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999. The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.