16 Apr, 2009

Found…

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Found objects

… near the intersection of Roosevelt and Byron.

Found Polaroid: rocking horse girl

13 Responses to "Found…"

1 | words words

April 16th, 2009 at 8:17 am

Hurray for found polaroids! And springy horses!

2 | mel

April 16th, 2009 at 9:36 am

What a treasure! I’d like to frame it/ (^_^)

(You’ll submit a scan to Found Magazine, right?)

3 | DaniGirl

April 16th, 2009 at 9:49 am

Oh, someone will be so sad to have lost that little treasure!! What year do you think that was? I’m going to guess 1971.

April 16th, 2009 at 10:28 am

Lessee… wood panelling, a record player, springy ride-on horse, red coveralls, scratchy brown plaid furniture … must be 1970s for sure.

5 | Krista

April 16th, 2009 at 10:40 am

Early 70s for sure. I had a horse like that – but I’m sure that’s not me!

6 | Marla

April 16th, 2009 at 12:29 pm

haha! Record albums! There’s a sight for sore eyes!

7 | Hellcat13

April 16th, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Wow…we had that horse, we had that couch, and we had that wall unit with those albums…yet this is not anyone from my family! Go 70s!

April 16th, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I had the panelling and not the horse. (so sad!)

9 | raino

April 16th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

oh no. i hope someone claims it.

10 | lacoop

April 16th, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I think we still have that panelling in the basement.

11 | Chantal

April 16th, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I was gonna say “he” but clearly the ruffled collar makes it a “she” (but you never know with the 70s! I spent most of it with the most unfortunate bowl cut!), but anyhow, this child could easily be one of Dani’s! Looks just like her adorable offspring!

12 | DaniGirl

April 17th, 2009 at 7:14 am

*laughing at Chantal* Glad I came back to see if anybody else was playing the “what year was this” game! It’s the cheeks, right?

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• Liz Dick: Just came across this forum now. Funny after all these years I've never seen it. Rummoli has been a family favourite of ours for four generations.
  • Molly: A great read, Andrea! I have been to a few estate sales - they can be fascinating. I am far from a minimalist but I am always trimming the amount
  • Lynn: Perhaps this could inspire a series of posts about Special Things - the history and what makes them precious. Going to give this some thought! Thanks
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive The stories of our stuff - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] we commissioned Dave Allston, a local historian, to compile for us awhile back. (I wrote about it here, if you’re curious.) I was fair
  • andrea tomkins: I try not to look! ;) New nightstands would help the problem, for sure. They're just not in the cards right now. Unfortunately, everything I really li
  • Marianne: The bed not being centred would definitely bother me. I'd solve it by opting for nightstands on legs, or installing floating shelves. But Id probabl
  • andrea tomkins: We actually won it in a blog giveaway a few years ago. It's made by Phillips. I really like it! It has a few different alarm sounds too, all are gentl