16 Apr, 2009

Found…

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Found objects

… near the intersection of Roosevelt and Byron.

Found Polaroid: rocking horse girl

13 Responses to "Found…"

1 | words words

April 16th, 2009 at 8:17 am

Hurray for found polaroids! And springy horses!

2 | mel

April 16th, 2009 at 9:36 am

What a treasure! I’d like to frame it/ (^_^)

(You’ll submit a scan to Found Magazine, right?)

3 | DaniGirl

April 16th, 2009 at 9:49 am

Oh, someone will be so sad to have lost that little treasure!! What year do you think that was? I’m going to guess 1971.

April 16th, 2009 at 10:28 am

Lessee… wood panelling, a record player, springy ride-on horse, red coveralls, scratchy brown plaid furniture … must be 1970s for sure.

5 | Krista

April 16th, 2009 at 10:40 am

Early 70s for sure. I had a horse like that – but I’m sure that’s not me!

6 | Marla

April 16th, 2009 at 12:29 pm

haha! Record albums! There’s a sight for sore eyes!

7 | Hellcat13

April 16th, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Wow…we had that horse, we had that couch, and we had that wall unit with those albums…yet this is not anyone from my family! Go 70s!

April 16th, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I had the panelling and not the horse. (so sad!)

9 | raino

April 16th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

oh no. i hope someone claims it.

10 | lacoop

April 16th, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I think we still have that panelling in the basement.

11 | Chantal

April 16th, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I was gonna say “he” but clearly the ruffled collar makes it a “she” (but you never know with the 70s! I spent most of it with the most unfortunate bowl cut!), but anyhow, this child could easily be one of Dani’s! Looks just like her adorable offspring!

12 | DaniGirl

April 17th, 2009 at 7:14 am

*laughing at Chantal* Glad I came back to see if anybody else was playing the “what year was this” game! It’s the cheeks, right?

terra20 Ottawa

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• SJM: My father sent epic care packages when I was at Uni - one per term. It included a 6 pack of beer and lots of food. This was when postage was much chea
  • andrea tomkins: I KNOW. It's crazy that we are now the parents of an adult. I can hardly believe it myself most days! :)
  • Allison: What!!??!! How is your daughter in university?!! That just cannot be!!! So glad to hear she is adjusting well and having fun and enjoying her classes
  • andrea tomkins: Great ideas Joy! Especially the POST-its! They're actually an expensive purchase for a student, so they'd make a nice addition to a care package.
  • joy: cute and fun - I would love to receive things like this! How about notebooks, magazines, post-it notes, seasonal treats, lip balms, gift cards for fav
  • andrea tomkins: Ooh! Good one Alison! A good (long!) phone charge cord could be welcome as well.
  • Alison in Ottawa: Another pair of ear phones. My daughter can never keep track of them.

On this date in the archives