17 May, 2009

Good night and great morning

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Oh! Things!

Turns out one of the best gifts you can give a 10-year old girl is a big set of books and a book light:

Booklight

She also received her own personal library kit (which I really had to explain since the only book-signing-out she’s witnessed has been entirely computerized).

And as per tradition she had a birthday breakfast in bed. Her request: fruit, waffles from our new waffle iron, hash browns, and apple juice. Here she is, wearing a new nightgown made by Nana. Very Laura Ingalls, n’est-ce pas? :)

Breakfast in bed

7 Responses to "Good night and great morning"

1 | Scatteredmom

May 17th, 2009 at 11:00 am

Jake got a stack of books and a booklight for his birthday too. He LOVED it!

2 | Hellcat13

May 17th, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I loved getting books as a kid. I was always the kid who got looks from the other kids when I’d get asked “what did you get for Christmas?” and I’d answer “BOOKS!!!” I could never understand why they weren’t as excited :)

3 | Trea

May 18th, 2009 at 10:46 am

What a beautiful girl! I loved books and reading in bed at that age, too, and I hope my son will learn to love to read (he’s already on the way). The library was my favourite place growing up ….

4 | Loukia

May 18th, 2009 at 9:47 pm

She is beautiful!

Would you believe it if I told you that last night, as I was laying in bed with my baby, I was thinking to myself how badly I needed a book light? Because I so badly wanted to read my book last night, but baby was restleses and not sleeping well in his crib, so he came to my bed. (Which happens almost every night, but not until 1 a.m., which works out great for me because I have at least had time to read!) Where can I find a book light like the one in the picture?

5 | alison

May 20th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I was just going to ask about the booklight too. Leah reads Lemony Snicket in bed every night before going to sleep, and she would love one of those.

May 20th, 2009 at 1:00 pm

The booklight is from the Pinecrest Chapters. They have a ton of different ones …

7 | Exotic butterflies in Ottawa? You betcha! >> a peek inside the fishbowl

October 8th, 2009 at 8:23 am

[…] camping adventures, feeding the birds, making our own pizza for movie night, birthday cakes and breakfast in bed, half-birthday celebrations … I could go on and […]