03 Jun, 2009

Living lighting

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Photography

My head is still spinning from that last post. The topic is making my head hurt and I can’t spend anymore mental energy wondering whether I’m a nasty judgemental shrew or not. ;)

Let’s lighten things up around here, shall we?

My friend Kristina channeled her inner Christie Turlington for me and my partner on Tuesday night. (Thanks K!) I really enjoyed taking photos of such a fun-loving friend.

Here are a few of fave moments I wanted to share:

DSC_3757-300

DSC_3758-300

DSC_3796-300

Okay. Back to work for me.

7 Responses to "Living lighting"

1 | Ms. Porter

June 3rd, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Lovely! What does K think??? I love the middle photo, I can hear her laughter (or what I think it would sound like)…hmm I wonder what made her laugh like that?

Andrea, thanks for sharing your photography, I really, really enjoy this part of your blog even though I’m not ‘into’ photography.

2 | BeachMama

June 3rd, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Oooh, great photos Andrea! Just lovely.

3 | Jennifer

June 3rd, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Gorgeous!

PS You most certainly are NOT a nasty judgemental shrew. Absolutely not!

4 | vanessa

June 4th, 2009 at 7:42 am

Love the photos… Kris and I were High School buds…both married our high school sweethearts… boy that seems like EONS ago!

June 4th, 2009 at 7:59 am

Thanks everyone.
Kristina is great fun to be around and is a very good -natured gal. She laughed and smiled the whole time and it was very easy to get a good shot of her… in other words, she is the perfect model!

6 | Patti Church

June 5th, 2009 at 10:04 am

Beautiful work! When is it my turn?

7 | Kristina

June 5th, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Andrea, you are the perfect photographer! Thank you for making me feel at ease and for making sure you always captured my “good side”. Trusting your photographer to make you look good makes the model part so much easier ;)

And a special thank you to your readers who were kind enough to not point out the many flaws that I see when I look at my aging self :) I am and always will be 17 at heart!

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Look who I found! - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] He (or she) was just hanging out on a hosta. He’s the only one I’ve seen from our brood. […]
  • andrea tomkins: Me too! I am REALLY looking forward to it. We didn't get to go last year so I'm really counting on it this summer!
  • Ginger: I hope COVID-19 doesn't take away your camping trip!
  • andrea tomkins: It's going to be tough. The problem is that everyone seems to have a different tolerance. Some people think it's no big deal, while others haven't lef
  • Ginger: I'm that person too. I liked my personal space before this, but now...I would prefer even more than 6 feet please!
  • andrea tomkins: We have a natural gas BBQ but we bought this portable one a few years back fo camping and/or picnics. I loooove the smell of burning charcoal! And yes
  • Corvid: You have a charcoal grill *and* a gas bbq? Or just charcoal? I have both. Charcoal flavour is unique/delish. What restaurant is that?