02 Jul, 2009

Canada Day 2009

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Ottawa|Photography

Lookout Bird!

Canada Day in Ottawa

Canada Day in Ottawa

Jumping

DSC_5904-400

Canada Day in Ottawa

Snowbirds over the Chateau Laurier

Canada day fireworks in Ottawa

Canada Day in Ottawa

11 Responses to "Canada Day 2009"

1 | Trea

July 2nd, 2009 at 11:27 pm

GREAT pictures … is there a better place to spend Canada Day than in Ottawa?

2 | Amy @ Muddy Boots

July 2nd, 2009 at 11:54 pm

One of my favorite things about that last fireworks shot are the profiles at the bottom. Great shot.

3 | porter

July 3rd, 2009 at 6:29 am

Ahhh..amazing pictures. Nothing compares to Canada Day in Ottawa.

4 | Lynn

July 3rd, 2009 at 7:20 am

These shots should be part of a booklet called, “Canada Day In Ottawa.” It’s EXACTLY like this, you have captured the feel and action perfectly.

5 | Chantal

July 3rd, 2009 at 1:45 pm

where was that fountain the girls were playing in?

6 | Loukia

July 3rd, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Oh my GOD, look at your amazing pictures! WOW!

July 3rd, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Thanks everyone!
The fountain is across the street from the National Archives. It was a very welcome cool spot on what turned out to be a very hot day.

In the shot of Emma you can see the War Museum in the background.

8 | mrsgryphon

July 3rd, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Oh, how I love Canada Day in Ottawa, and your photos are lovely!! Spending July 1st on Parliament Hill wearing as many Canadian Flags as possible is definitely on my list of “things to do with the kids”.

9 | Kimusan

July 7th, 2009 at 8:42 am

Lovely firework photos. Tripod?

July 7th, 2009 at 11:34 am

No tripod for the fireworks shots. Next year I will bring one for sure. It’s something I’ve always wanted to try.

11 | Sharon

July 7th, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Nothing like Canada Day in Ottawa

• andrea tomkins: Thanks Lynn! I will keep doing it as long as I enjoy doing it. :)
  • Lynn: just chiming in to say how much I still enjoy these weekly reading lists. That Google food one was fascinating!
  • Nick: In February, only one thing is good - this is the last month of winter and spring will come soon and it will be warm)
  • Tannia: I someone today who said he played polkaroo.
  • Tannia: What was the actor's name who played polkaroo?
  • Lynn: Oh man, I can see this as my future in just a few short years. Between you and Allison (who's oldest is off in America for university), I can hardly r
  • Amy: Although what your daughter says makes sense and I'd follow her advice when you can, keep in mind that ride-sharing apps are a very recent way to trav