13 Sep, 2009

the weekend crazies – a short list

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

• I had a VERY interesting meeting on Friday, to finalize some details about a huge writing project. More on that later – I am terribly excited about it and need to find the time to sit down and write it out good n’proper.
  • We’re getting new windows!
  • I went to the orientation session for Dreams Take Flight on Saturday morning. I’m been invited to tag along and go to Disney for the day (!) on October 14. More on that later too. I will say this: THESE PEOPLE ARE AWESOME.
  • We spent the day at my mother’s yesterday. It involved fire. And potatoes (more on that later).
  • I am going to be hanging out at the SavvyMom booth at the Baby Boom show today (Sunday!) between 11-12. If you’re going to be there please stop by and say hello! Admission is free.
  • There is no coffee. Or clean laundry. Or time, for that matter!

Off I go… !

6 Responses to "the weekend crazies – a short list"

1 | BeachMama

September 13th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

If only I had read this 3hours ago, I would have stopped in at the booth to say hi.

2 | porter

September 13th, 2009 at 5:46 pm

I’m really happy for you, lots of amazing things happening for you. Now what’s this about fire and your Mom’s? I hope you are misleading us a little bit. And no coffee???? Hope there’s a Timmies close by…I’d be heading over in my jammies….and have when we’ve been out of cream and/or coffee.

3 | Carly

September 14th, 2009 at 8:00 pm

I love Dreams Take Flight – good for you! The little boy in the header on their home page is the nephew of a good friend of mine.

Enjoy!

4 | Sarah

September 15th, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I just found out today from a local charity that my son was picked for the Dreams Take Flight this year! He is going to be a very excited boy!!

September 15th, 2009 at 5:48 pm

That’s great news Sarah! He is going to love it!

6 | Kelly

September 16th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for coming to the orientation session on Saturday. We’re all very excited to have you on board and think you’re awesome too!

Sara, I hope I get to meet you and your son on the 14th. I imagine the countdown to Disney has started!

terra20 Ottawa

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Supporting women's health in Ottawa (*sponsored) - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] need a bit of time to think about some of the issues I brought up in the first part of my post about kids and smartphones. Can you tell I
  • Tudor: My most recent blog post is about this - http://tudorrobins.ca/2017/09/technology-issues/ - it was prompted by my fifteen-year-old, who is now in grad
  • andrea tomkins: It's REALLY tough. And I definitely want to address the peer pressure aspect too. That being said, i do recall a study done by MediaSmarts that report
  • TD: For us it was when the kids started riding OC Transpo to school on their own. This meant grade 7 as that was when the school board gave them presto p
  • Molly: This is timely for us - in fact, we were just talking about when the kids *need* a phone. We figured high school, too. I agree that more screen time
  • andrea tomkins: You're welcome! It's really a win win for Ottawa families!
  • Molly: This is great! Thanks for sharing!