13 Sep, 2009

the weekend crazies – a short list

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

• I had a VERY interesting meeting on Friday, to finalize some details about a huge writing project. More on that later – I am terribly excited about it and need to find the time to sit down and write it out good n’proper.
  • We’re getting new windows!
  • I went to the orientation session for Dreams Take Flight on Saturday morning. I’m been invited to tag along and go to Disney for the day (!) on October 14. More on that later too. I will say this: THESE PEOPLE ARE AWESOME.
  • We spent the day at my mother’s yesterday. It involved fire. And potatoes (more on that later).
  • I am going to be hanging out at the SavvyMom booth at the Baby Boom show today (Sunday!) between 11-12. If you’re going to be there please stop by and say hello! Admission is free.
  • There is no coffee. Or clean laundry. Or time, for that matter!

Off I go… !

6 Responses to "the weekend crazies – a short list"

1 | BeachMama

September 13th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

If only I had read this 3hours ago, I would have stopped in at the booth to say hi.

2 | porter

September 13th, 2009 at 5:46 pm

I’m really happy for you, lots of amazing things happening for you. Now what’s this about fire and your Mom’s? I hope you are misleading us a little bit. And no coffee???? Hope there’s a Timmies close by…I’d be heading over in my jammies….and have when we’ve been out of cream and/or coffee.

3 | Carly

September 14th, 2009 at 8:00 pm

I love Dreams Take Flight – good for you! The little boy in the header on their home page is the nephew of a good friend of mine.

Enjoy!

4 | Sarah

September 15th, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I just found out today from a local charity that my son was picked for the Dreams Take Flight this year! He is going to be a very excited boy!!

September 15th, 2009 at 5:48 pm

That’s great news Sarah! He is going to love it!

6 | Kelly

September 16th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for coming to the orientation session on Saturday. We’re all very excited to have you on board and think you’re awesome too!

Sara, I hope I get to meet you and your son on the 14th. I imagine the countdown to Disney has started!

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• andrea tomkins: Awesome! Glad to hear! You may be the only one I've managed to convince, Festina. If so, the coffee is yours at the end of the month! If other Ottawa
  • Festina Lente: Fantastic idea. Something we should all do on Heart Day. I'm in !
  • andrea tomkins: It's crazy to think that IS the *real* website! How is this selling Winterlude to millions of potential visitors from all over the world? How is it se
  • Splake: Totally agree. And ditto on the lousy website. I actually kept searching for while to find the *real* website. Come on Ottawa. It's time to st
  • Wynne: We've really enjoyed participating in escape rooms too. We've only been to two in Ottawa & can't wait to try out more. If your family is into boar
  • andrea tomkins: Yes it was! It was a really nice treat. I'm definitely bringing the kids next time. :)
  • Judy: Is this what you indulged in after we chatted? I have yet to try the hot chocolate....

On this date in the archives