13 Sep, 2009

the weekend crazies – a short list

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

• I had a VERY interesting meeting on Friday, to finalize some details about a huge writing project. More on that later – I am terribly excited about it and need to find the time to sit down and write it out good n’proper.
  • We’re getting new windows!
  • I went to the orientation session for Dreams Take Flight on Saturday morning. I’m been invited to tag along and go to Disney for the day (!) on October 14. More on that later too. I will say this: THESE PEOPLE ARE AWESOME.
  • We spent the day at my mother’s yesterday. It involved fire. And potatoes (more on that later).
  • I am going to be hanging out at the SavvyMom booth at the Baby Boom show today (Sunday!) between 11-12. If you’re going to be there please stop by and say hello! Admission is free.
  • There is no coffee. Or clean laundry. Or time, for that matter!

Off I go… !

6 Responses to "the weekend crazies – a short list"

1 | BeachMama

September 13th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

If only I had read this 3hours ago, I would have stopped in at the booth to say hi.

2 | porter

September 13th, 2009 at 5:46 pm

I’m really happy for you, lots of amazing things happening for you. Now what’s this about fire and your Mom’s? I hope you are misleading us a little bit. And no coffee???? Hope there’s a Timmies close by…I’d be heading over in my jammies….and have when we’ve been out of cream and/or coffee.

3 | Carly

September 14th, 2009 at 8:00 pm

I love Dreams Take Flight – good for you! The little boy in the header on their home page is the nephew of a good friend of mine.

Enjoy!

4 | Sarah

September 15th, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I just found out today from a local charity that my son was picked for the Dreams Take Flight this year! He is going to be a very excited boy!!

September 15th, 2009 at 5:48 pm

That’s great news Sarah! He is going to love it!

6 | Kelly

September 16th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for coming to the orientation session on Saturday. We’re all very excited to have you on board and think you’re awesome too!

Sara, I hope I get to meet you and your son on the 14th. I imagine the countdown to Disney has started!

terra20 Ottawa

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• Lynn: WAY behind in my blog reading, but I had to comment as I catch up because I've been there - had lost days. What is it about super busy women like us t
  • ichungcusaigon.info: Cancun real estate now offers quick access to all in the modern conveniences retirees from your U. While picking a real estate agent to dedicate yo
  • SJM: My father sent epic care packages when I was at Uni - one per term. It included a 6 pack of beer and lots of food. This was when postage was much chea
  • andrea tomkins: I KNOW. It's crazy that we are now the parents of an adult. I can hardly believe it myself most days! :)
  • Allison: What!!??!! How is your daughter in university?!! That just cannot be!!! So glad to hear she is adjusting well and having fun and enjoying her classes
  • andrea tomkins: Great ideas Joy! Especially the POST-its! They're actually an expensive purchase for a student, so they'd make a nice addition to a care package.
  • joy: cute and fun - I would love to receive things like this! How about notebooks, magazines, post-it notes, seasonal treats, lip balms, gift cards for fav