09 Nov, 2009

H & M in Ottawa?

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Oh! Things!

I have to interrupt this regularly scheduled bulletin to provide an important public service announcement.

Contrary to recent rumour and speculation on the Twitter network, there is no H & M planned for Place d’Orleans or any other Ottawa location in the foreseeable future.

I contacted H & M via email and this is what I got back:

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for your interest in H&M.

We hope to have a presence in all major Canadian cities as soon as possible; however, we are not able to state any specific dates or locations for future openings. We usually announce new store openings 4-6 weeks before we open, so please check out our website at www.hm.com to be the first to know! In the meantime, we would encourage you to take a minute to sign up for our newsletters and notifications of special offers and events at www.hmfriendsandfamily.com!

We currently only offer in-store shopping and do not have online, phone or mail ordering available. Because of this, we do not produce a catalogue either.

Best regards,

H&M Info Canada

There you have it. Sorry Ottawa shoppers! It looks like we’ll have to wait a bit longer.

Tags:

11 Responses to "H & M in Ottawa?"

1 | Stefania (formerly The Veg Next Door)

November 9th, 2009 at 2:46 pm

However, there is a Zara that is opening (or perhaps already opened) at the Rideau Centre.

2 | Sue1788

November 9th, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Zara is open for men’s and women’s clothes only. Sucks about H&M though!

3 | Alison in Ottawa

November 9th, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Oh no! I had heard the rumours and was so excited! Oh well at least I can shop there in Edmonton, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver when I go there for work.

4 | outoftown

November 9th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

there are many h&m stores in montreal, the ride from ottawa to mtl is 1h30… no need to go to vancouver or toronto.

5 | Gliding through motherhood

November 9th, 2009 at 11:31 pm

I actually ran into someone from management at Place a week or so ago and asked and she looked at me QUITE quizzically and slowly said no. (you should have seen the look I got when I told her I’d heard on twitter that they were coming to place ;) I got the feeling that discussions may be in the works (or possibly had been and had fallen through) but there was definitely nothing concrete going on. So there may yet be hope, but who knows ;)

6 | J.

November 13th, 2009 at 3:47 pm

oh this is so sad. :(

7 | Isa

November 30th, 2009 at 9:14 am

It’s specifically unfair in Ottawa’s case, since we lack so much stores that are both fashionable and affordable!

We need it so much more than any other canadian cities… Please, H&M, put an end to this suffering!

8 | m

February 11th, 2010 at 1:23 am

there are 52 h&m stores across canada, but not only ONE of them is in Ottawa. WHAT DA HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

9 | Chula

November 27th, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I wanttttttttttttttttt H&M is OPENING iN rideau Centre Mall (Ottawa) , Orleans mall, St.Laurents, Bayshore Mall for men’s clothes,woman’s clothes and Kid’s clothes when I went to Toronto I saw H&M have man,woman and kids clothing are very beautiful.

People are goin to toronto or montrel 5 hours from ottawa. wasting people time. WHERE is Locations Ottawa , I want they are Agree and Making bulid H&M is Opening at all the mall. They need remove store in all the mall. HOw the best space in store! ANd You dont have to driving to t-dot and MTL. Saving ur ass …

WHat do U think????????????????

10 | Fanta

December 3rd, 2010 at 10:14 pm

OMG, there e-mailed me the exactly same letter…
I know it really annoying that Ottawa doesn’t even have one single store, when Toronto has like more than 5 stores :-(

11 | Brad

September 21st, 2011 at 1:02 pm

shit, even halifax has a hm, eh?