25 Dec, 2009

Christmas Day 2009 – one hour, one photo at a time

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Photography

… starting at when we were woken up and being updated as the day goes on. :)

All are taken with my iPhone and uploaded when I can. Scroll down for the most recent photos.

Wake up

6:00 p.m.

7:00 p.m.

8:00 p.m.

9:00 p.m.

10:00 p.m.

11:00 p.m.

Print this post Print this post

10 Responses to "Christmas Day 2009 – one hour, one photo at a time"

1 | Eden Spodek

December 25th, 2009 at 8:18 am

Andrea, What fun! I’ll be stopping by throughout the day to see what families do on Christmas day. The last time I celebrated Christmas was with our babysitter’s family when I was a kid. Hope you don’t mind me stalking but this sounds like fun.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best for 2010,

Eden

2 | Gliding through motherhood

December 25th, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Loving watching your day progress and taking my hourly photos!

3 | Life is Good…At the Beach » Christmas Day - One hour at a time.

December 25th, 2009 at 10:15 pm

[...] to a BeachMama Christmas, one hour, one photo at a time (Andrea mentioned she was going to do it, so I thought it would be fun to see if I could pull it off.).  [...]

4 | BeachMama

December 25th, 2009 at 10:18 pm

So fun Andrea, I didn’t post as the day went on, but did one up for the entire day. I missed a couple hours in the middle when I had a much needed nap. But, carried on through the evening.

5 | mrsgryphon

December 26th, 2009 at 1:29 am

So fun! Looks like you had a wonderful day :)

6 | Shan

December 26th, 2009 at 8:59 am

Thanks for the great idea! I played along too. Loved see your Christmas day.

7 | Wrapping up Christmas 2009 >> a peek inside the fishbowl

December 26th, 2009 at 2:31 pm

[...] On Christmas day I decided to try taking one photo every hour because I wanted to document the day in a different way. [...]

8 | Sharon

December 27th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Looks like a nice, quiet and healthy Christmas! I was sick. No surprise. I seem to always get sick at this time of the year.

Hugs
S

10 | Tales of life with a girl on the go » Blog Archive » Santa Claus is coming soon

December 24th, 2010 at 9:38 am

[...] year, Andrea at Peek Inside the Fishbowl posted a picture for each hour of Christmas Day. I must confess that I usually enjoy Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. I love [...]

NAC Ottawa family events

Summertime fun at Saunders Farm!

Creatures of Light Nature's Bioluminescence at the Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa

Ottawa Gymnastics Centre - Westboro

bucketlist

etc.

• Misty Pratt: Except for the fact that someone has to do those minimum wage jobs, and it's usually new immigrants and low-income people with families to feed. So th
  • Natalie: My two cents. We have tried Supperworks, in fact we were regulars until recently. We were never disappointed. Their entrées for four fed our family o
  • Javamom: I guess one of the things we find hard to accept sometimes is that occasionally, time is more valuable than money. I get it, although I have not tried
  • future landfill: And yet, and yet. I've had a few decades of street photography, snapping pics of people and events in public places, cafes, pubs. Sometimes obviously
  • Colleen: It does sound fun, but a bit steep for my family.
  • andrea: We have winners! Dinner #1 on July 24 was won by nathalie d. Dinner #2 on August 21 was won by Madga. Congratulations! Thank you Saunders Farm
  • TD: This is something I have been considering, so a group outing would be great.

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times, Capital Parent Newspaper, and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 752 lunches and counting!

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's my latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

• My latest post at the MediaSmarts website is about passwords. Is this something you've talked about with your kids? Given the proliferation of devices in households (often one per person now) it might be an important topic for discussion. How have you handled passwords in your household?

- #
  • I'm over at the MediaSmarts blog today, putting together the online privacy puzzle.

- #
  • I had a really interesting conversation with my 14-year-old daughter recently. She was wondering why so many adults assume that teenagers are all the same: a bunch of lazy, self-involved jokers who are glued to their devices all day. I didn’t have an answer for her, really, only that people tend to generalize, and that this is Never a Good Thing, no matter who it is we’re talking about. [Read the rest at MediaSmarts.ca]

- #

A year before

• 2013-07-24 No articles on this date.

Got kids in Ottawa? These posts might be worth a click too: