25 Dec, 2009

Christmas Day 2009 – one hour, one photo at a time

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Photography

… starting at when we were woken up and being updated as the day goes on. :)

All are taken with my iPhone and uploaded when I can. Scroll down for the most recent photos.

Wake up

6:00 p.m.

7:00 p.m.

8:00 p.m.

9:00 p.m.

10:00 p.m.

11:00 p.m.

10 Responses to "Christmas Day 2009 – one hour, one photo at a time"

1 | Eden Spodek

December 25th, 2009 at 8:18 am

Andrea, What fun! I’ll be stopping by throughout the day to see what families do on Christmas day. The last time I celebrated Christmas was with our babysitter’s family when I was a kid. Hope you don’t mind me stalking but this sounds like fun.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best for 2010,

2 | Gliding through motherhood

December 25th, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Loving watching your day progress and taking my hourly photos!

3 | Life is Good…At the Beach » Christmas Day - One hour at a time.

December 25th, 2009 at 10:15 pm

[...] to a BeachMama Christmas, one hour, one photo at a time (Andrea mentioned she was going to do it, so I thought it would be fun to see if I could pull it off.).  [...]

4 | BeachMama

December 25th, 2009 at 10:18 pm

So fun Andrea, I didn’t post as the day went on, but did one up for the entire day. I missed a couple hours in the middle when I had a much needed nap. But, carried on through the evening.

5 | mrsgryphon

December 26th, 2009 at 1:29 am

So fun! Looks like you had a wonderful day :)

6 | Shan

December 26th, 2009 at 8:59 am

Thanks for the great idea! I played along too. Loved see your Christmas day.

7 | Wrapping up Christmas 2009 >> a peek inside the fishbowl

December 26th, 2009 at 2:31 pm

[...] On Christmas day I decided to try taking one photo every hour because I wanted to document the day in a different way. [...]

8 | Sharon

December 27th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Looks like a nice, quiet and healthy Christmas! I was sick. No surprise. I seem to always get sick at this time of the year.

10 | Tales of life with a girl on the go » Blog Archive » Santa Claus is coming soon

December 24th, 2010 at 9:38 am

[...] year, Andrea at Peek Inside the Fishbowl posted a picture for each hour of Christmas Day. I must confess that I usually enjoy Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. I love [...]

NAC Ottawa culture days

Fall fun at Saunders Farm!

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

OMS Ottawa Montessori schools

terra20 Ottawa

Bugs at the Canadian Museum of Nature Ottawa

• Tricia: Oooh, I love this stuff!
  • Caroline: Zaatar pita chips crumbled instead of croutons. I just had the chips with homemade hummus and tabbouleh for lunch. Yum!
  • Brenda A: Have you been to Al Noor Bakery across from the movie theatre on Carling? You will LOVE it if you like zaatar. So many tasty breads there and a supe
  • mubuku-hashamen.com: What's up, just wanted to say, I liked this article. It was funny. Keep on posting!
  • Kathy: I have had the PC credit card for a few months..Seemed to be working well, was enjoying getting the most points I could. But then I started to notice
  • capitaljunk: Great! Will have to try this on a lazy day :)
  • Lynn: Really enjoyed that smartphone article. I worry about online literacy all the time - how will I teach my kids when I barely know the rules myself? It'

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (16) and Sarah (14). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times, and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

... check out past nightstand reads right here.

On this date in the archives