25 Dec, 2009

Christmas Day 2009 – one hour, one photo at a time

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Photography

… starting at when we were woken up and being updated as the day goes on. :)

All are taken with my iPhone and uploaded when I can. Scroll down for the most recent photos.

Wake up

6:00 p.m.

7:00 p.m.

8:00 p.m.

9:00 p.m.

10:00 p.m.

11:00 p.m.

Print this post Print this post

10 Responses to "Christmas Day 2009 – one hour, one photo at a time"

1 | Eden Spodek

December 25th, 2009 at 8:18 am

Andrea, What fun! I’ll be stopping by throughout the day to see what families do on Christmas day. The last time I celebrated Christmas was with our babysitter’s family when I was a kid. Hope you don’t mind me stalking but this sounds like fun.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best for 2010,

Eden

2 | Gliding through motherhood

December 25th, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Loving watching your day progress and taking my hourly photos!

3 | Life is Good…At the Beach » Christmas Day - One hour at a time.

December 25th, 2009 at 10:15 pm

[...] to a BeachMama Christmas, one hour, one photo at a time (Andrea mentioned she was going to do it, so I thought it would be fun to see if I could pull it off.).  [...]

4 | BeachMama

December 25th, 2009 at 10:18 pm

So fun Andrea, I didn’t post as the day went on, but did one up for the entire day. I missed a couple hours in the middle when I had a much needed nap. But, carried on through the evening.

5 | mrsgryphon

December 26th, 2009 at 1:29 am

So fun! Looks like you had a wonderful day :)

6 | Shan

December 26th, 2009 at 8:59 am

Thanks for the great idea! I played along too. Loved see your Christmas day.

7 | Wrapping up Christmas 2009 >> a peek inside the fishbowl

December 26th, 2009 at 2:31 pm

[...] On Christmas day I decided to try taking one photo every hour because I wanted to document the day in a different way. [...]

8 | Sharon

December 27th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Looks like a nice, quiet and healthy Christmas! I was sick. No surprise. I seem to always get sick at this time of the year.

Hugs
S

10 | Tales of life with a girl on the go » Blog Archive » Santa Claus is coming soon

December 24th, 2010 at 9:38 am

[...] year, Andrea at Peek Inside the Fishbowl posted a picture for each hour of Christmas Day. I must confess that I usually enjoy Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. I love [...]

NAC Ottawa family events

Saunders Farm annual passes for family fun!

Animal Inside Out BodyWorlds, Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

OMS Ottawa Montessori schools

Sara McConnell photography Ottawa

Rethink Tires - Community Renewal Fund

bucketlist

Veggie challenge button

• Ginger: I am going to try this out!
  • Margaret Whitley: As a long time Montessori Educator, student, parent, and supporter, I am pleased to see your profile of OMS. They are a fine example of what Montesso
  • Michael Milsom: Way to push yourself out of the box to explore another dimension..taking us all along for the ride :-) 21 days ..is a LOT of days to commit to doing
  • My 21-day vegetarian challenge is done! >> a peek inside the fishbowl: […] and sweet potato tacos (sort of based on this recipe), beer, tortilla chips and salsa* - snacks: DIY mango soft serve, coffee with milk, a
  • 21-day vegetarian challenge – it’s done! >> a peek inside the fishbowl: […] alfredo with kale and green onion - vegan black bean and sweet potato tacos (sort of based on this recipe), beer, tortilla chips and salsa*
  • Dee: If you do this again, you can get veggie sausages for your breakfast. Give me a heads up and I'll get them for you - my pusher lives in MTL :)
  • Molly: Thanks for sharing the recipe! A is a big fan of Naked Fish and was equally disappointed to find out it was closed for renos the other day - I think

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

• Two articles of mine were published in the summer issue of Ottawa Magazine. One is a Q&A with a dermatologist about summertime skin care (YES, those are my superwhite legs in the photo) and the other is a blogger face-off about bikinis.

- #
  • So I was feeling a bit ranty and wrote this post about raising children in an age of zero privacy in the hopes it will start some conversations! Please leave your two cents right here.

- #
  • My latest post on the MediaSmarts website is up, and it's about family social media accounts. (Yes! It's a thing! And I think it's pretty neat.) Is this something you do as a family? I'd love it if you left your two cents on the topic.

- #

... check out past nightstand reads right here.