23 Dec, 2009

Is it really Wednesday?

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Merry merry!

As Sarah just exclaimed: “I can’t believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve! It came so quick!”

Sarah honey, you’re so right.

I am feeling a little more serene about the holidays today. The shopping is done. I’ve been getting more sleep, drinking more Bailey’s, and eating fewer cookies. I’ve even gone to the gym! I think it’s all helped. ;)

What’s left is (1) The Wrapping and (2) The Grocery Shopping (3) the guys to finish installing our new windows. When that’s done I will be MUCH happier.

Mark doesn’t know this yet, but I have decided to take on another installment of the Hourly Photo Project on Christmas Day (remember back in October and on the first day of school?). I am charging up ye’ old iPhone battery in anticipation.

p.s. I’m prepping a post with a whole bunch of outtakes from our Christmas portrait (not the one above, a different one if you can believe it). So do check back … and if I don’t catch you before the holidays, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

7 Responses to "Is it really Wednesday?"

1 | Gliding through motherhood

December 23rd, 2009 at 10:50 am

Gorgeous photo!

And I may try to participate in the hourly photo project on xmas day. I’m always pleasantly surprised with the photos I get from my iphone :)

2 | Brie

December 23rd, 2009 at 11:30 am

I still need to wrap everything. But grocery shopping was done this morning. With both kids. :-)

3 | Lynn

December 23rd, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Man, Emma in particular is looking all grown up in that photo. They’re both so lovely and lady like! Have a great Christmas!

4 | BeachMama

December 23rd, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Merry Christmas Andrea!

5 | Christine LaRocque

December 23rd, 2009 at 7:54 pm

What beautiful young ladies! Best of luck finishing everything up!

6 | Brenda @ottawamom

December 23rd, 2009 at 8:37 pm

What beautiful girls you have! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas :)

7 | Here we are again, my friends >> a peek inside the fishbowl

December 23rd, 2010 at 10:17 am

[…] here’s last year’s Christmas photo, just for […]

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999. The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.