14 Dec, 2009

maybe it’s a monday thing

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

Today:

I want to curl up in bed and have the house magically tidy itself.
I would like my hair to trim and colour itself.
I would like the fridge to fill itself and the pantry to restock itself.
I would like to find a pot of soup bubbling happily away on the stove and a loaf of bread cooling on the counter.

I am tired of talking about myself. Is it bloggy burnout?

Tell me about you …

14 Responses to "maybe it’s a monday thing"

1 | Mike Levin

December 14th, 2009 at 10:48 am

Poor Bunny. What about the idea that talking about yourself engages others? That’s good. If not, give us 600 words on how Christmas shoppers deal with each other

2 | WannabeMomErin

December 14th, 2009 at 10:48 am

I hear ya. I did not want to get out of bed and start my day this morning. The only thing that got me moving was the fact that starting my workday at 7:00 AM means ending it at 3:00 PM.
Thankfully, things are not crazy busy here today, so I have a bit of time to pop in and comment on a few blog posts.

3 | Alison in Ottawa

December 14th, 2009 at 11:27 am

Well, I am thankful for the push illustrated here to get 24 activities of Xmas done in the advent fashion, I am not offiiclaly participating this year (next year maybe), but the chopping down the tree was fun, decorating the tree went well (no rearranging after kids did it at all this year – not that it looks better than last years, I am just content to leave it as is for some reason). A nice skate yesterday, trying out the new x-country ski equipment in the back year and the front yard on the weekend too. It is amazing how much more fun the 4 year old had with real skis instead of the ones that strap onto her boots that would fall off a few times and then I could never get adjusted properly. Also the making of and decorating of gingerbread houses. I have a mold from lee Valley tools but I have bought kits the last few years to simplfy things. It was nice to do the making whole thing myself again.

I do need to get the house more tidy, I need to put the storage boxes of Xmas stuff back in the basement , also need to finish this week of work before it is the holidays… what a nice feeling to not have to work next week.

4 | Chantal

December 14th, 2009 at 12:18 pm

No baby yet. House isn’t cleaning itself, but since baby isn’t here I am doing small cleaning/declutter projects each day. Glad to be off work finally. Hmmm That’s about it :)

5 | Meg

December 14th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Feeling pretty excited about having Christmas in JAMAICA! No snow but there will be so much else!

6 | Judy

December 14th, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Up early with a teething crankapotomus, grocery shopping, (bought nuts to try your sweet & spicy recipe!), hoping for an afternoon nap and making butternut squash pasta for dinner. Oh… and pretending my house isn’t a mess and there is not 5 loads of laundry waiting to be folded and put away.

7 | Vivian Cheng

December 14th, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Did you ever read the children’s story “Strega Nona” by Tomie dePaola? Strega Nona has a magic pasta pot that magically makes pasta. I’ve wanted one of those since I was a kid. As an adult, it sure would be convenient…

I’m feeling the Monday burn-out too..

8 | Ginger

December 14th, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Maybe we could just push the fast forward button on today. They boys aren’t napping well and both seem extra cranky. I am not fairing well at being a mommy today as Dean fell from a changing table at the office. He is fine but I am still sick over it. Made a doctor appointment for me for tomorrow and that is weighing heavy on my mind. I am hoping that tomorrow is MUCH better than today!

9 | Javamom

December 14th, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Exhaustion in this house has me in some kind of a frenzy mood. And I actually managed to get double booked by two different charities who are coming to pick up my stuff. BAGS of it. Toys. Stuff from the kitchen I’ve looked at and planned on using and never did. OUT OUT OUT with it. Why wait till after Xmas?

Sometimes calling the Thai place, or the Sushi place, or the Pasta place down the road and deliver yummies to the house is oh so comforting…

Hope you’re having a better day tomorrow and a great rest of the week!

10 | Patti Church

December 14th, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Today was my 2nd day of Christmas thanks to you. I just can’t do 25 days, too much for us slacker moms. I cheated and set up the coles note version ’12 days’ of Christmas vs. advent idea.

We all ate candy canes for lunch today. Or at least we were allowed to. Tomorrow we watch the Grinch on TV together instead of everyone doing their own thing. Not sure what comes after that. I even had the kids add 3 ideas then I got to choose what order everything comes together.

My thanks to you on this crumby day but my 12 days is making it a little more fun. THANKS!!

11 | Shan

December 14th, 2009 at 6:40 pm

It’s a miserable rainy evening and I have much to get done tonight, but not much ambition to do it. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

12 | betsy mae

December 14th, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Baked six more batches of treats for Christmas gifts, and now I’m officially finished with the baking! I got the kids to finish decorating their ornaments which will also be gifts this year. Wrapped all the gifts we will give away between now and Christmas Eve…hmmm what else? Got groceries. That’s it but it was enough! I am beat. I need all of this Christmas work stuff to be finished so I can just sit and read by the tree in the evenings!

13 | Trea

December 16th, 2009 at 11:58 pm

I would like my two year old to stop fighting potty training and just GET INTO BIG BOY UNDERWEAR ALREADY! I cannot change another big poopy diaper – in comparison with my three month old daughter, it just disgusts me lately! Argh!

14 | Eloisa

December 29th, 2009 at 11:43 am

I know this is a way late comment but I thought I had to.
I’m a 30yo international student living in California by way of the Philippines.
I like taking photos, but haven’t had the time recently.
I like to paint.
Lazy days curled up in bed is delicious.
And I wish my hair could style and colour itself too!

I have been reading your blog since about 2006 and it’s the first blog I’ve actually ever read. I always find it an inspiration as it’s about creative family life that’s all about love. I always come back here whenever I need a good picker-upper. Thank you for sharing to the world. We all get funks no worries.
Hugs!