20 Jan, 2010

Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

• kind and caring
  • loyal
  • generous
  • funny
  • honest
  • trustworthy
  • smart [this one was debated and discussed quite a bit]
  • friendly
  • forgiving
  • fun
Tags: ,

Print this post Print this post

9 Responses to "Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend"

1 | A Crafty Mom

January 20th, 2010 at 9:31 am

Great list!! I would say smart is relative, and even though I would choose that too, I enjoy the company of some of my less-than-brilliant friends at times too ;)

Kind and caring is a must-have, and I think funny would be pretty close to the top of my list. If you can’t make me laugh, life is too short!!

2 | Laura

January 20th, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I agree! Everyone should have people surrounding them with those qualities.

3 | lacoop

January 20th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

My wife is my best friend and she has all these characteristics.

OK, stop making faces, it’s true and I’m tellin’ all the world!

4 | lillyann

May 25th, 2011 at 8:13 am

its not easy to obtain a good pal bt once gained its difficult to maintain

5 | daisy102

March 27th, 2012 at 8:50 am

being a good friend can sometimes be hard

6 | Tommy

July 3rd, 2012 at 8:58 am

sometimes beinng a true friend is quite hard ;)

7 | anitahgloria

July 20th, 2012 at 7:00 am

its true i don’t think i have a true friend.but myself i believe i can qualify to be a true friend.

8 | Nora

August 13th, 2013 at 3:57 am

I think find a good friend is very hard ,at all is not good freind.or mayby i hadnot,but my best and best friend just is my love.

9 | malihe

November 27th, 2013 at 4:37 am

my best friend is God.He gives me beutiful mind and lovy heart.

NAC Ottawa events

Christmas ideas from Saunders Farm!

Frogs - a Chorus of Colours - at the Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa

Funhaven - Ottawa's destination for birthday parties and fun

terra20 Ottawa celebrates Earth Month

Ottawa Gymnastics Centre - Westboro

IMAX 3D - Journey to the South Pacific

bucketlist

etc.

• Danielle: Four our second entry: we would probably use the gift certificate to splurge on cleaning products from the ecobar!
  • Danielle: We do our best to use natural products without harsh chemicals to avoid sending toxins down the drain.
  • Jenn: I think with the gift card I'd treat myself to a little something just for me: eg. http://shop.terra20.com/store/product/646/L%26T-Perfume-Gin-Blosso
  • Jenn: I try to do everything I can to help keep Mother Earth green and clean - litterless lunches, composting, recycling, 5 min. showers, eco-friendly beaut
  • Anjali: In honor of Earth day, and everyday, I recycle, pack re-usable containers, travel mug and light candles in the evening to conserve electricity. Th
  • Laura: We do the usual with lights, saving water etc... but some of the things I'm most proud of is we have a Nest thermometer which is "smart" and adjusts a
  • andrea: Thanks Jeff! I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Garbage and compost issues aren't top-of-mind for everyone, but they are important to me.

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (14) and Sarah (12). I am the Editor of the Kitchissippi Times as well as Capital Parent Newspaper. I'm also a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999 (which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which). The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 655 and counting!

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's my latest:
Created with flickr badge.
Click the photo for details: what it is, where I ate it (if it's worth a mention!), and how to cook it (if there happens to be a recipe). You can also read more about this project right here.

Sideblog

A year before

• 2013-04-17 No articles on this date.

Got kids in Ottawa? These posts might be worth a click too:

Follow the Fishbowl’s companion page on Facebook

Let's stick a pin in that

Miz Mooz Women's Car