20 Jan, 2010

Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

• kind and caring
  • loyal
  • generous
  • funny
  • honest
  • trustworthy
  • smart [this one was debated and discussed quite a bit]
  • friendly
  • forgiving
  • fun
Tags: ,

9 Responses to "Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend"

1 | A Crafty Mom

January 20th, 2010 at 9:31 am

Great list!! I would say smart is relative, and even though I would choose that too, I enjoy the company of some of my less-than-brilliant friends at times too ;)

Kind and caring is a must-have, and I think funny would be pretty close to the top of my list. If you can’t make me laugh, life is too short!!

2 | Laura

January 20th, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I agree! Everyone should have people surrounding them with those qualities.

3 | lacoop

January 20th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

My wife is my best friend and she has all these characteristics.

OK, stop making faces, it’s true and I’m tellin’ all the world!

4 | lillyann

May 25th, 2011 at 8:13 am

its not easy to obtain a good pal bt once gained its difficult to maintain

5 | daisy102

March 27th, 2012 at 8:50 am

being a good friend can sometimes be hard

6 | Tommy

July 3rd, 2012 at 8:58 am

sometimes beinng a true friend is quite hard ;)

7 | anitahgloria

July 20th, 2012 at 7:00 am

its true i don’t think i have a true friend.but myself i believe i can qualify to be a true friend.

8 | Nora

August 13th, 2013 at 3:57 am

I think find a good friend is very hard ,at all is not good freind.or mayby i hadnot,but my best and best friend just is my love.

9 | malihe

November 27th, 2013 at 4:37 am

my best friend is God.He gives me beutiful mind and lovy heart.

terra20 Ottawa

National Arts Centre Ottawa

• andrea tomkins: All great ideas, seriously! 1) I've always wanted to do the vintage plane ride over Ottawa. 2) Ditto for hot air balloon. Is that too predictable o
  • Lynn: Cool...and also, interesting. If you post a photo on a public Instagram feed, is it legal for them to grab it and use it in an article like this? I pe
  • Wendy tucker: This would be it!! CARLINGTON HILL..
  • Wendy tucker: Please join our Facebook page:Friends of Carlinton Hill" ... We would love for you to post this picture... Thank you
  • Iron ribbon: Take an overnight train to Halifax and back. All by yourself. Relax, write, read, reflect while watching the fall splendour rush by.
  • Corvidae: Hot air balloon ride. It's in that range. In the fall on a foggy morning where the fog burns off and the spectacular colourful leaves appear below.
  • joy: a ride in a vintage plane over Ottawa ?

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (17) and Sarah (15). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times, and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

On this date in the archives