20 Jan, 2010

Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

• kind and caring
  • loyal
  • generous
  • funny
  • honest
  • trustworthy
  • smart [this one was debated and discussed quite a bit]
  • friendly
  • forgiving
  • fun
Tags: ,

Print this post Print this post

9 Responses to "Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend"

1 | A Crafty Mom

January 20th, 2010 at 9:31 am

Great list!! I would say smart is relative, and even though I would choose that too, I enjoy the company of some of my less-than-brilliant friends at times too ;)

Kind and caring is a must-have, and I think funny would be pretty close to the top of my list. If you can’t make me laugh, life is too short!!

2 | Laura

January 20th, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I agree! Everyone should have people surrounding them with those qualities.

3 | lacoop

January 20th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

My wife is my best friend and she has all these characteristics.

OK, stop making faces, it’s true and I’m tellin’ all the world!

4 | lillyann

May 25th, 2011 at 8:13 am

its not easy to obtain a good pal bt once gained its difficult to maintain

5 | daisy102

March 27th, 2012 at 8:50 am

being a good friend can sometimes be hard

6 | Tommy

July 3rd, 2012 at 8:58 am

sometimes beinng a true friend is quite hard ;)

7 | anitahgloria

July 20th, 2012 at 7:00 am

its true i don’t think i have a true friend.but myself i believe i can qualify to be a true friend.

8 | Nora

August 13th, 2013 at 3:57 am

I think find a good friend is very hard ,at all is not good freind.or mayby i hadnot,but my best and best friend just is my love.

9 | malihe

November 27th, 2013 at 4:37 am

my best friend is God.He gives me beutiful mind and lovy heart.

NAC Ottawa family events

Saunders Farm annual passes for family fun!

Animal Inside Out BodyWorlds, Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

bucketlist

• Juli: when they forget points i send a email via app. they have been great so far. they xan look it up easily
  • Juli: I used to make sure I did my big monthly shop on the first Monday and Tuesday of each month. In addition to the special offers and in store offers Ext
  • Robyn: This sounds fun!! For long rides, comfort and weight make all the difference. If you're shopping for a new bike, hit the bike shops and try everyt
  • Judy: Go to a good bike shop to talk about what you want a bike for, how you will use it long term and see what they suggest. There are lots of options
  • Kerry Gogush Cule: I highly recommend getting your bike fitted properly. If you are interested, I can give you the name of the lady that my husband used. It was covered
  • HollyStar: I have a few bags of clothes in my van to drop off to Youville - just waiting to get to the east end. Amazing organization with incredible people. Can
  • Meg: I rode 100km on an antique norco step-through 5 speed ladies bike - in one day. It was totally fine. I didn't train, I just rode my bike because it wa

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

• So I was feeling a bit ranty and wrote this post about raising children in an age of zero privacy in the hopes it will start some conversations! Please leave your two cents right here.

- #
  • My latest post on the MediaSmarts website is up, and it's about family social media accounts. (Yes! It's a thing! And I think it's pretty neat.) Is this something you do as a family? I'd love it if you left your two cents on the topic.

- #
  • I'm sharing some of my favourite lunch-related items over on the terra20 blog today. Whether you're packing a lunch for work, for your kids, or just eating at your desk at home, I bet there is something there for you. Check it out!

- #

... check out past nightstand reads right here.

On this date in the archives