20 Jan, 2010

Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

• kind and caring
  • loyal
  • generous
  • funny
  • honest
  • trustworthy
  • smart [this one was debated and discussed quite a bit]
  • friendly
  • forgiving
  • fun
Tags: ,

9 Responses to "Ten things: Ten Characteristics of a Good Friend"

1 | A Crafty Mom

January 20th, 2010 at 9:31 am

Great list!! I would say smart is relative, and even though I would choose that too, I enjoy the company of some of my less-than-brilliant friends at times too ;)

Kind and caring is a must-have, and I think funny would be pretty close to the top of my list. If you can’t make me laugh, life is too short!!

2 | Laura

January 20th, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I agree! Everyone should have people surrounding them with those qualities.

3 | lacoop

January 20th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

My wife is my best friend and she has all these characteristics.

OK, stop making faces, it’s true and I’m tellin’ all the world!

4 | lillyann

May 25th, 2011 at 8:13 am

its not easy to obtain a good pal bt once gained its difficult to maintain

5 | daisy102

March 27th, 2012 at 8:50 am

being a good friend can sometimes be hard

6 | Tommy

July 3rd, 2012 at 8:58 am

sometimes beinng a true friend is quite hard ;)

7 | anitahgloria

July 20th, 2012 at 7:00 am

its true i don’t think i have a true friend.but myself i believe i can qualify to be a true friend.

8 | Nora

August 13th, 2013 at 3:57 am

I think find a good friend is very hard ,at all is not good freind.or mayby i hadnot,but my best and best friend just is my love.

9 | malihe

November 27th, 2013 at 4:37 am

my best friend is God.He gives me beutiful mind and lovy heart.

terra20 Ottawa

National Arts Centre Ottawa

Lice Services Ottawa - Ottawa Lice Treatment and Removal Experts

• Sarah: Hardy Mattress in Westboro will make you a pillow. If it isn't right, they'll adjust it no charge. They are amazing!
  • andrea tomkins: Ironing on the bed is the lazy way of ironing sheets. It's so easy! Next time I do it I'll post a photo (or video)! :)
  • Anne: I need you to post a photo of you IRONING your sheets...on YOUR BED. You take ironing to a whole new level that I was not aware of!
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive I might be a little crazy about our bed linens - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] bought a new sheet set. I’ve been waiting to buy something for over a year because of our Shopping Embargo and the pledge we made not
  • Claudette: I'm like you. I could read all the tips about how to organize better and then I'd just get pissed off that I'm not doing it the fashionable way so I e
  • sabrina: I forgot to add this part about my wine loving fantasies: I'm wearing a cute cocktail dress as my husband and I arrive home from work and decide to c
  • andrea tomkins: It occurred to me that a good place to begin would be the places you feel the highest degree of Household Rage and Annoyance. For me, this has been th

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (17) and Sarah (15). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.