21 Jan, 2010

Ten things: Top Ten Favourite Desserts

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

This is actually a top ten, listed in order. (Look who’s the big star here!)

1. 1. Nana’s fudge
  2. 2. Mummy’s banana cream pie
  3. 3. Lemon meringue pie
  4. 4. Ice cream from Truffle Treasures
  5. 5. Nana’s brownies
  6. 6. Nana’s chocolate chip cookies
  7. 7. Ginger cookies
  8. 8. Apple crisp/crumble
  9. 9. Nana’s butter tarts
  10. 10. Banana splits

10 Responses to "Ten things: Top Ten Favourite Desserts"

1 | Hellcat13

January 21st, 2010 at 9:10 am

Sounds like Nana should open a café!

2 | Alina Muresan

January 21st, 2010 at 10:17 am

You should post some of those recipes, if you don’t mind (or if Nana doesn’t mind). I remember making the butter tarts after you posted the recipe and as I told you at that time, they were delicious! All my family enjoyed them.

3 | Kristina

January 21st, 2010 at 10:37 am

Oh, is it SO bad that I’m now craving desserts at 10:30am? Specifically butter tarts….ghghggh (<–drool).

4 | @WannabeMomErin

January 21st, 2010 at 10:37 am

This list has inspired me to pick up some ice cream and make browines for dessert tonight.

5 | Carrie C

January 21st, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Yes please to some recipes! I would love to know how to make good fudge. That’s an awesome list.

6 | Laura

January 21st, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I’m glad to see butter tarts are on there…I also made them after you posted the recipe. They are delicious! My hat’s off to Nana, she must be a great baker.

7 | Betsy Mae

January 22nd, 2010 at 10:02 am

Nana at our house is a big star when it comes to dessert, Mama can’t bake! Looking forward to some recipes, it sounds like the pressure is on to share…or better yet, why doesn’t Nana start a blog of her recipes?????

January 23rd, 2010 at 10:38 am

I think I am going to have to wrangle some recipes out of Nana’s database. Stay tuned!

9 | Best brownies make for the best conversations >> a peek inside the fishbowl

February 23rd, 2010 at 4:27 pm

[…] I’m not sure if it’s as good as Nana’s brownies (remember the list?), but the recipe I found is pretty darn good and very easy too. I like easy recipes! The recipe is […]

10 | I might be rewriting my resume very soon >> a peek inside the fishbowl

February 27th, 2012 at 8:57 am

[…] Sidebar: I think interviewing your kids is a very fun way of preserving a sweet memory. A couple years ago when we were stuck in a hospital waiting room with Sarah’s split lip we came up with a few top ten lists to pass the time. It was actually quite revealing to discuss ten things we like to do as a family, ten things we loved about a family vacation and the ten things we missed about home, and our top ten favourite desserts. […]

• Karen: That is completely frick’n awesome!!!
  • David Lynch: Good job indeed! My grandfather was Donald David Johannsen, son of Charles Augustus Johannsen, and I definitely got the carpenter genes from them. The
  • RS: Wow, what a neat idea and to be dedicated to do it every single day. Loved it!
  • joy: i watched it all the way through and it made me teary. And I don't even know you that well. you have a good life.
  • Jinjer: I. LOVE. THIS!!!!!
  • Greg Escaper: The weather is not good outside, so that is why I don’t ice to stay out on the weekend. Instead, I force my friends to go to the escape room as it i
  • software akuntansi dagang: I believe everything posted made a great deal of sense. But, what about this? suppose you were to create a awesome title? I mean, I don't want to tel