15 Mar, 2010

Day one of March Break 2010

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

It’s Monday. Weatherwise they’re calling for some lovely weather here in Ottawa.

Sadly, our break thus far has included two people with suspected cases of food poisoning (one mild and one not-so-mild), one viewing of the Aristocats, one long hot shower, one stack of laundry, and one quick bit of work. It’s hard to write when you’re feeling utterly drained.

Thank goodness for the large stack of books we picked up at the library yesterday.

And to think, it’s only 11:00 a.m.

7 Responses to "Day one of March Break 2010"

1 | Lee

March 15th, 2010 at 10:32 am

Ergh. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

2 | Betsy Mae

March 15th, 2010 at 10:45 am

oh no! i hope everyone is back to themselves soon.

3 | Finola

March 15th, 2010 at 10:54 am

How did you guys get food poisoning do you think?
There is a nasty stomach bug doing the rounds too apparently…..

March 15th, 2010 at 11:53 am

I don’t think it’s a bug. Sarah and I both ate some chinese food (leftovers) for lunch on Sunday. She ate more than I did. She’s been sicker than I am. Mark and Emma are fine.

5 | Finola

March 16th, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Yup, sounds like you are right. Now are you going to share where the food was from?!

March 16th, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Finola: I thought about it and I don’t want to out them here on the blog. I am not 100% sure the food was the reason behind our gastromalfunction. And since I’m not totally sure, it wouldn’t be fair … you know what I mean?

7 | Finola

March 16th, 2010 at 9:14 pm

You are completely right, and I shouldn’t have asked. Food poisoning is also very hard to prove definitively.

• measured survey: If you are going for finest contnts like me, just go to see this web site everyday since it gives feature contents, thanks
  • Bridget: LOVED this post & so glad you enjoyed the dress! (-:
  • judi: can i use instant yeast
  • jjudge437@comcast.net: can i use instant yeast
  • andrea tomkins: Hi Judy! The oven should be at 450 and you don't cook the dough before the toppings. You put the rolled dough on your pizza stone or baking sheet, add
  • Judy: What temperature for oven for pizza dough, can I cook dough before the toppings
  • Judy: What temperature for oven for pizza dough. Should I cook dough before adding toppings or not

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999. The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.