25 Mar, 2010

More thoughts about puppies

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

First, a reminder. The Know More Do More campaign kickoff is this Saturday! Woot! I just did my first media interview about it. I am excited that we are gathering some steam, although I did goof up a little. It was a recorded radio interview and I meant to say hockey and soccer but I got ahead of myself and said HOCKER. I really hope they edit that out. C’mon kids! Let’s play some HOCKER. Oy. :)

Second, can I make some puppy-related observations?

1. The cuteness is killing me.

Piper wears a sweater

2. She slept through the night last night, yay!

3. She napped in her crate today!

4. She had her first checkup at the vet’s the other day (we went to Westboro Animal Hospital – they were excellent), and she was deemed to be a happy and healthy little pup. I would, however, like to advise anyone who is thinking about getting a puppy, to make sure the puppy you’re thinking of buying has all of her shots. Some pet stores are NOT good at keeping up and will seemingly let it slide.

5. It is still impossible to get any work done. Lor’ help me.

6. Puppies are the ultimate icebreaker, aren’t they? Yesterday I took Piper out from for a pee, and within two minutes a big burly fellow who was part of a tree-trimming brigade on my street came over to “talk dog,” chat about his chocolate lab and scratch Piper behind the ears. We live in a time in which people largely ignore each other in lineups/elevators/buses … so watching the effect puppies have on perfect strangers really is kind of amazing. Why can’t people be this friendly all of the time?

Gotta run. I need to get some actual work done while Piper is still snoozing happily on my lap.

Tags:

9 Responses to "More thoughts about puppies"

1 | milkfacemama

March 25th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Very nice – loving the sweater!

2 | Laura Daub

March 25th, 2010 at 3:39 pm

That is the cutest little puppy ever and so fashionable!!!! I’m melting!

3 | Micheline Turnau

March 25th, 2010 at 10:48 pm

OHHH so cute. Thanks for all the media interviews you have coming up! Great to have you on board for this campaign. Sorry I am going to miss you on Sat but would love to meet you sometime soon over coffee/tea!

4 | mrsgryphon

March 26th, 2010 at 1:26 am

Ack. She is so ADORABLE! I mean, who wouldn’t want to stop and scratch her behind the ears (and I’m not even a “dog person”!!)

5 | Carrie C

March 26th, 2010 at 2:02 am

She is amazingly cute!

You are now part of the dog club. No one tells you about it until you join. Just like joining the mom club. It’s a secret.

You will learn more about your neighborhood and neighbors than you ever thought you would by owning a dog. Enjoy!

6 | Evis Krevis

March 26th, 2010 at 7:03 am

Hi!

I like your blog and I’ve nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award.

Check out the link:http://foodworld-eva.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-blogger-award.html

Keep up the great work!
Eva

7 | Shannon

March 26th, 2010 at 7:24 am

Better than playing “hooker”! :)
The pooch is adorable!!

8 | Nadine C.

March 26th, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Love that picture!

9 | Cindy Bush

April 2nd, 2010 at 3:02 am

So cute! Congrats on the new family member!

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999. The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.