17 Jul, 2010

This was our Friday

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Ottawa

Tell me, what colour would you choose?

Golf balls

This was at Mini-Golf Gardens (just off Merivale Road), in the sweltering heat. Frankly, I’m surprised I was able to keep it together.

Warning: mini-putt is not for everyone. Here’s Sarah, giving it her best shot.

Mini golf Gardens on Merivale Rd

There is a frog living near the 14th hole, right in there:

Frog on the 14th hole

We had a few errands to run, which may or may not have included a visit to this place:

New glasses? Maybe.

But we did take a short stroll along Somerset Street:

Somerset arch

And did a bit of browsing (actually, we were looking to replace a couple of small Hamtaro figurines Piper chewed up):

Shopping at Global Express

And stopping for a refreshing beverage:

me and bubble tea

Bubble tea

All in all, it was a great day. How was yours?

10 Responses to "This was our Friday"

1 | Shan @ The Fairy Blogmother

July 17th, 2010 at 12:38 pm

That looks like a pretty great Friday to me.

2 | binki

July 17th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Is Bubble Tea good? I’ve never had the guts to try it. It seems…kinda alien.

July 17th, 2010 at 4:23 pm

It is! Why else would I be drinking it binki? ;)

This was my order (in case you don’t know where to start … it can be confusing): Bubble latte, regular size, green tea base, honeydew flavour, with pearls.

How are you with textures? Because this involves drinking and chewing, but it’s not for everyone. The kids love it though.

4 | Mark

July 17th, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Don’t let the word “tea” sway you. Bubble Tea is sweet like a smoothie but with chewy tapioca balls. I was reticent as well but I’ve been won over and am now a fan of Bubble Tea. If the tapioca balls are too much for you, you can always get it without…

5 | CarrieLou

July 17th, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Bubble Tea sounds and looks delicious! Where do you go to get it? (I’m in Ottawa too). I’m pretty sure my 6 year old would love it too. :) Thanks!

July 17th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Bubble Tea is milky and sweet. As Mark said, you can’t taste the tea! It’s the tapioca pearls some people have issues with. IMHO they’re like soft gummies – they have about the same texture.

CarrieLou, there are a few places in Ottawa to get bubble tea. The photos above were taken at Bubblicity on Somerset. That’s where we find ourselves most often for bubble tea. :)

7 | CarrieLou

July 17th, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Thanks Andrea! I’ll surprise the boys with a special trip to Bubblicity this week. :)

8 | Finola

July 18th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Hmm, I have many issues with textures and food, so I will never even be able to attempt to try bubble tea, but maybe I should get my kids to try it.

July 18th, 2010 at 7:43 pm

FYI, you can get bubble tea without the tapioca pearls. But personally I don’t see the point! :)

10 | Christine

July 19th, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Oh, I just LOVE bubble tea!! Haven’t been in a while and I’m thinking tomorrow may be a good time to go!!

terra20 Ottawa